FOR SALE - Classic Raleigh Arena Racer UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

arm52

Retro Newbie
UPDATED!!!

This gem has stayed in my garage for too long and has to go... It's been rarely used and in dry storage throughout it's life- I've just finished cleaning it up and it's looking great. The details are as follows:

Late 70s/Early 80s Raleigh Arena Racer-Racing-Touring Bike

~23" Frame (Measured approximately)
-5 speed Raleigh Gears
-Michelin World Tour tyres (good tread) 32-597 / 26x1 1/4"
-Weinmann Brakes - Front: Type 730; Rear: Type 810 (Brake blocks barely worn)
-Weinmann Dia Compe Brake Levers
-Original Brooks B18 Saddle!
-Sturmey Archer Hubs and Pedals with orange reflectors (probably Chainring & Guard too)
-Possibly Easton cranks ('E' stamp shown);if not, Sturmey Archer

Raleigh Frame Number: NN0014496

Condition notes:
-Scuff marks on top rear of saddle (ask for photo...)
-Decals/Stickers torn in places
-Frame has some small scratches and chips in the paintwork
-Chrome showing some cracking on rims, particularly on the front

To the best of my knowledge this bike is 100% ORIGINAL- it's a great looking (and running) racer or runabout that with care and maintenance will last another 30 years.

See attached photos... I can send further photos if interested- any questons, just get in touch.

I'm looking for £55 but any offers are welcome.

Or place a bid: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Classic-Ralei...66:2|39:1|72:1688|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

Local pick-up within Perthshire/Stirling is preferable but courier delivery can be arranged for at an agreed price.

All the best! [/url]

Attachments

• Raleigh Rim R - Copy.JPG
    Raleigh Rim R - Copy.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 13,726
  • Original Brooks B18 - Copy.JPG
    Original Brooks B18 - Copy.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 13,725
  • Chainring... - Copy.JPG
    Chainring... - Copy.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 13,726
  • Raleigh Arena F - Copy.JPG
    Raleigh Arena F - Copy.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 13,729
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
sorry but to be blunt theres very little value to your bicycle - if it had Reynolds tubing or was built by a well known frame builder, it might have some interest.

:oops:

Thanks guys,

For all I know it might have Reynolds tubing... Even if it doesn't, with the differences between price and value, value and worth... I hope it finds an owner who can at least appreciate and enjoy it. As I stated, any and all offers are very welcome.

Regarding the 'For Sale' section- I've already noticed my mistake and submitted a post there. Seeing the 'For Sale - 57CM GIOS TORINO...' advertisement here made me post in this section.

If you could tell me how to delete this post I'd appreciate it- I can only see the edit option available which, I think, would leave a blank post...?

Cheers.

It is okay. You will be the last one who put a bike up for sale here.

Good luck with the sale.

I haven't seen one of those in years - when I was at school it was the bike everyone seemed to have. I have a Halfords Olympic (bought secondhand from a shop on the Caledonian Road) and always felt jealous of the Arena...except I had the cool double chainring on the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back