Bob Jackson - New Groupset?

^^

Ta for the input! I'll bear that in mind if I get hold of yet another frame...

...as it happens, the 'original' spec of the bike didn't include canti-bosses, thererfore I did the right thing by removing them.

PS She's going for a respray @ BJ's next week!
:D

Nice work mate! Tidy work removing the bosses too. I love the way BJs ride. Don't worry about the originality of removing the bosses; if it's a pain in the @rse take it off...plus it's your first attempt. My Bob Jackson restoration took ages and it was an absolute pleasure. So much so that I've bought a '59 Whittaker and Mapplebeck with a Gran Sport drivetrain and bar end shifters to tart up....should take about a year if I'm quick! :LOL:

Agency_Scum":1da5zu7w said:
Nice work mate! Tidy work removing the bosses too. I love the way BJs ride. Don't worry about the originality of removing the bosses; if it's a pain in the @rse take it off...plus it's your first attempt. My Bob Jackson restoration took ages and it was an absolute pleasure. So much so that I've bought a '59 Whittaker and Mapplebeck with a Gran Sport drivetrain and bar end shifters to tart up....should take about a year if I'm quick! :LOL:

Aww... fankoo! :)

I don't want to take credit for the bosses - they were done by Argos in Bristol.

The rest (as far as getting the darn parts to fit) was done by me, lol.

Ok... the pre-respray build has been finished! All parts seem to work/fit. She'll be stripped and shipped to BJ this week.

My thoughts:

Steering felt slow - The headset hadn't been cleaned/lubricated so therefore that's probably to blame (as well as the low tyre pressures).

Stem is a bit low - I like them higher, so therefore I'll be fitting a different cinelli stem (in plain aluminium too - I dislike the gold!).

It's weird with downtube shifters - My other bike has brifters, and I'm SO used to them that this is a little odd! It'll take some getting used to.

BIG clearance - I had the tubes squeezed into a slight oval in order to increase clearance, however I wasn't expecting to be able to just get a 32 section tyre in!

Light - She weighs 10Kg. Not bad IMO - my Specialized Tricross Comp weighs 9.5Kg despite E5 frame, carbon forks and carbon seatstays!

Pics:

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

Well, that's a good question!!!

I'm umming and arring between metallic and flat.

Regardless, it'll have a white frame with black forks - similar to this:

Olympus_500.jpg

I do, however, want solid red logos that stand out. Lugs won't be lined.

So the question: flamboyant (metallic)... or flat?

legrandefromage":3c134cr7 said:
can i steal the gold stem and give a decent Cinelli to sell on?

Sure... but it's not in great nick IMO. I'll PM you a picture this evening.

PS Red or Black forks? hmm...

Update:

It's in the Bob Jackson factory as we speak...

...I expect a few weeks, and it'll be back!

Back