Grove Innovations Hammerhead 1" quill combo funky color

jonrock":6i5jfgnd said:
Neons are the way to go buddy!
J

I picked up an 85 Fat Chance that needs a little workm including a repain. I was thinking of getting it done with a black, topped with splotches of neon hot pink, blue, and yellowishgreenfadetororange.

Now to find the right person to complete this vision...wish I could hardwire my mind to a monitor, so someone could see exactly what I could see...or at least have the skill and artmanship to do it myself :D

Sadly, I don't have either of those :cry:

CTK":38duld1h said:
Send frame and combo to Groovy. Sorted!

That seems to be the concensus.

Would you happen to know the best way to contact Rodney? He's on the VRC, fatcogs, and here...then he has his site.

GoldenEraMTB":mcegh816 said:
I picked up an 85 Fat Chance that needs a little workm including a repain. I was thinking of getting it done with a black, topped with splotches of neon hot pink, blue, and yellowishgreenfadetororange.

Is that the brown one?

GoldenEraMTB":1zbefo80 said:

Is that the brown one?

CTK":8otdagyy said:
http://groovycycleworks.com/contactus.aspx

BTW what forks does the Fat Chance have? I think the bar stem combo will look fantastic on a Fat.

EDIT: 2 year waiting list on restorations!

thanks, there's a 83 fat on firstflight with the hammerhead on it...was looking around and found it there.

guess this will be a long term project if I go that route, hmmmm.

kaiser":8otdagyy said:
GoldenEraMTB":8otdagyy said:

Is that the brown one?

Yes! How did you know? Doug Carter sold it to a good guy from vrc/fatcogs, who then traded it to me for my Team Comp disguised as a wicked lite. It wasn't a straight up trade, some cool parts were thrown in with it. The Team Comp was way too big for me; this one fits just right.

GoldenEraMTB":38yxt4c3 said:
kaiser":38yxt4c3 said:
GoldenEraMTB":38yxt4c3 said:

Is that the brown one?

Yes! How did you know? Doug Carter sold it to a good guy from vrc/fatcogs, who then traded it to me for my Team Comp disguised as a wicked lite. It wasn't a straight up trade, some cool parts were thrown in with it. The Team Comp was way too big for me; this one fits just right.

Cool, will look out for a progress report :D I'd been browsing about the site and having been quite smitten with DrS's 87 so noticed the 85 for sale, stab in the dark guess that theres not too many changing hands and I knew you posted there......elementry really :D

As an aside, I reckon I would look for a period correct bike be it polished ally or ti or single colour steel and have custom panel graphics that mimicked the bars :cool:

kaiser":1c2kx219 said:
GoldenEraMTB":1c2kx219 said:
GoldenEraMTB":1c2kx219 said:

Is that the brown one?

Cool, will look out for a progress report :D I'd been browsing about the site and having been quite smitten with DrS's 87 so noticed the 85 for sale, stab in the dark guess that theres not too many changing hands and I knew you posted there......elementry really :D

Yes...come to think of it, I guess it is elementry being that the retro mountain bike world is such a small one.

As an aside, I reckon I would look for a period correct bike be it polished ally or ti or single colour steel and have custom panel graphics that mimicked the bars :cool:

I'm in the process of selling off all my aluminum, so no polished alloy. The ti bike will come down the road some.

The steel with the custom panel graphics sounds interesting...do you have an example?

Back