Chicksands - THURS NIGHT RIDES!

Hey retro chicksanders...

My inlaws live in Bedford and on the long, long, long visits I tend to go out on my bike for hours at a time...

But fighting with horseriders on the bridalways isn't much fun and someone mentioned chicksands at work the other day.

I've had a quick look at the website and the jumpy stuff looks very impressive but can you sling together a good XC ride, 2 hours say, an if so would you share the local 'knowledge' ;)

unocogero":2fjwqvag said:
Hey retro chicksanders...

I've had a quick look at the website and the jumpy stuff looks very impressive but can you sling together a good XC ride, 2 hours say, an if so would you share the local 'knowledge' ;)

We don't do jumpy / north shore stuff we leave that to the yoofs ;) . There is a XC loop we do that takes in most of the woods, the circuit of the woods is about 2.5m with a 60/40 spilt of fireroad and singletrack. There is a lot of off-piste singletrack which are the best bits to ride but you may need some local knowledge to find them all. You are more than welcome to join us, we meet at 6:00pm in the car park in Sandy Lane - which is the road leading to the Chicksands base, park on the left as you turn in before the barrier (which is locked at 7:00pm).

Excellent ride last night, I'm off to fat camp to do some carbo loading for MM so won't be around for the next 2 Thursdays.

Chicksands miles must be longer than normal miles :LOL:

Highlights include:

The couple I suprised having an 'intimate embrace' - poor girl, didn't have enough time to pull her knickers up, her BF must have been bitten on the willy by a snake as she was trying to suck the poison out ;)

Body of Bay Watch, face of Crime Watch.

4 laps - must be a record.

REKIBorter":3uhvxm8l said:
You are more than welcome to join us, we meet at 6:00pm in the car park in Sandy Lane - which is the road leading to the Chicksands base, park on the left as you turn in before the barrier (which is locked at 7:00pm).

Thanks for that. I'll be visiting the inlaws some time in July so I might well give you guys a shout.

Cheers!

Back