What should we hoard today for future retro junkies

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
So then - a lot of us think back now and think that in hindsight we should have stockpiled XT thumbies, white Porcs and top end anodised parts that today to us Retro freaks are desireable parts worth paying over the original RRP for. but now you know what you do now, what do you think is worth stockpiling now from some of the New parts available to us to sell to the future retro freak ?

will the 2003/4 XTR rear mech be a future moneyspinner

SHIMANO_XTR2003_RD_M960_SGS.jpg

Or the USE sub fork

05_10_18_use_sub1.jpg

your thoughts ;)

Pre disc Hugi 240 hubs - so pretty.

Chris King Hubshakers. - Might just be saying that to whip up interest in the ones I'm about to flog :)

...and Oury grips.

...and Yeti Speed grips.

Wu-Tangled":w13or8ub said:
Avid Ultimate V brakes and Black Op's levers.

extremely nice brakes, but pretty priccey for what you get (in the UK @ least ;)
pair of cantis recently only made £55, which surprised me given the retail.

Yeah, I watched a few goin' off at about £55 a pair, which seems daft as they are £59 at CRC.

Have stockpiled a couple of sets so far and may add to that as I think I'm not going disc in the near future or far future for that matter.

Lovely levers. It was pointed out to me recently that they get develop play, but they are so well shaped etc and so sensible to be able to remove without removing the grips.

Wu-Tangled":19qo4fbb said:
Lovely levers. It was pointed out to me recently that they get develop play, but they are so well shaped etc and so sensible to be able to remove without removing the grips.

on webbys fat ti they've got a fair amount of play.

Could you buy that M960 rear mech pictured above in non rapid rise flavour?

I seem to remember when 960 came out Spesh ran flippy floppy levers with traditional mechs to reverse the action and make it more intuitive.

Never used it, but didn't get on with rapid rise, but could have taht mech thinking about it if they did a std rise version by the end of it's run?

Anyone know?

M960 was only available as rapid rise rear mech. M970 is available in both. built as mechs should be with nice widely spaced pivots :)

Back