My First Kona! by me, age 26 and a half.....

Pics from her outing to the yard today... :)

Attachments

• lavadome.jpg
    lavadome.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 3,745
  • 2wheels_4legs.jpg
    2wheels_4legs.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 3,745
  • dilemma.jpg
    dilemma.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 3,745
Nice Specialized helmet (Sub 6 Pro? Is that right?) - I've got the same one in team colours. :cool:

That's a big equine. How many hands?

Good lookin' Kona - bikes always seem to look good in small sizes.

The boy is Castle Valentine (aka Darcy) - an ex-racehorse - and is actually my steed...! He's 15.3hh at the mo, but looks like making 16hh before the year is out...

Laura's boy is Ren, pictured below, a 15.2hh ISH - he's a big softy!

We also have a registered Highland, and another ex-racer with us for re-schooling at the mo, so between them and the (now) five bikes, we don't have a lot of spare time! :LOL:

And yeah, that was my Sub6 Pro from back in the day, serving duty until Laura gets a helmet of her own!

Attachments

• Ren.jpg
    Ren.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 3,734
we used to have a lovely shire called maggie that used to take us to the pub after a days graft on the farm. troulbe was when she got bored of waiting she would take her self back to the farm and we had to walk the 3 or so miles back

Bl**dy Kona's !

what is it with you people and Kona's ???? it's the Vauxhall Corsa of the bike world ! good god ...... for another 50 quid you could probably get a "real" bike - a good steel steed with loverly welds - not some mass produced Taiawanese poop ..... :D

Re: Bl**dy Kona's !

Ransetsu":34x62ngp said:
what is it with you people and Kona's ???? it's the Vauxhall Corsa of the bike world ! good god ...... for another 50 quid you could probably get a "real" bike - a good steel steed with loverly welds - not some mass produced Taiawanese poop ..... :D

What, you mean like the Bontrager RaceLite I've got coming...?

My Kona may not be exclusive or particularily high end, however it well spec'd, weighs 24.5lb with front suspension and rides beautifully... and as this is litterally the first MTB I have owned its not a bad place to start....!

Plus, top end frames in my size (14") aint that easy to find - gotta take what I can, when I can...

And as for the Corsa comment - b8gger off!!! :)

and heres me thinking retrobiking was an expensive hobby!!!
have heard these race horse thingys can be a little highly strung
OH NO thats me getting confused thats us retros when we miss out on that little anodised bit we have spent years looking for that has to be red and no other colour
tried horse riding once could not find anywhere to clip my spuds in and two stubborn animals so close together was never gonna have a happy ending
good luck with the bikes and horses
tony

thats much better than my first mtb. Plus its got cool Atec rims. I didn't have them on a set of wheels for a very very long.
A very good first bike :D

Latest posts

Back