popularity contest. name the frames you deem "special&q

Re: popularity contest. name the frames you deem "speci

purplewicked":16ed84my said:
gradeAfailure":16ed84my said:
purplewicked":16ed84my said:
i don't get the passion for taiwanese, mass production for chainstore bikes.
And? Why should it matter to you what someone else likes?

The bike is just the tool, it's the rides that matter..

i like reading praise for what i admire. don't you?

So you need the ego boost ?

I really couldn't care less about people praising my bike. It's my bike, I like it, keeps me happy. I only post it in the hope it can make somebody else happy by going down a memory trip or similar or create a bit of chat.

The top end frames are all made out of pretty much the same stuff, the welders/designers are all as as good as each other. There are quirks, detailing that personal choice dictates, just like frame colour or the the tyres you prefer. But they're all just as good if the bike fits you.

The ONLY 'special' frame is one designed and build just for you.
Everything else is off the shelf and a logo.

Unfortunatly getting hold of 15+ years old tubing probably isn't going to be easy and the joining will still be modern.

FluffyChicken":vmgrmpc1 said:
purplewicked":vmgrmpc1 said:
gradeAfailure":vmgrmpc1 said:
purplewicked":vmgrmpc1 said:

I really couldn't care less about people praising my bike. It's my bike, I like it, keeps me happy. I only post it in the hope it can make somebody else happy by going down a memory trip or similar or create a bit of chat.

The top end frames are all made out of pretty much the same stuff, the welders/designers are all as as good as each other. There are quirks, detailing that personal choice dictates, just like frame colour or the the tyres you prefer. But they're all just as good if the bike fits you.

Unfortunatly getting hold of 15+ years old tubing probably isn't going to be easy and the joining will still be modern.

Good point - My favourite current ride is the tatty 1989 Nigel Dean which id definitely not flash and I don't mind if people think it's crap, in fact it's relegating my other 2 much more expensive bikes at the moment. It is handbuilt though ;)

FluffyChicken":dg8xd2ku said:
purplewicked":dg8xd2ku said:
gradeAfailure":dg8xd2ku said:
purplewicked":dg8xd2ku said:

Good point - My favourite current ride is the tatty 1989 Nigel Dean which is definitely not flash and I don't mind if people think it's crap, in fact it's relegating my other 2 much more expensive bikes at the moment. It is handbuilt though ;)

Latest posts

Back