'97 Hei Hei

giraffeinbath

Dirt Disciple
This wasn't a bike built with the intention of going 'retro', just a simply a bike built to ride using a frame that I would have sold my granny for when I bought my first mountain bike (a Kona Lavadome in '92) using a selection of the bit's that have been laying about gathering dust for god knows how long in the shed.

Most part's are old, some parts are new, the point is that it's a super nice ride :D

.............oh and before you say it yes I know there's a chain ring bolt missing, it fell out on the ride yesterday!

DSCN5039.jpg

DSCN5040.jpg

DSCN5030.jpg

DSCN5031.jpg

DSCN5033.jpg

DSCN5035.jpg

DSCN5036.jpg

DSCN5037.jpg

bristol to bath canal path? be careful along there, my friend alex got his rocky mountain nicked at knife point on there a few years ago.

scant":1hukb8vp said:
bristol to bath canal path? be careful along there, my friend alex got his rocky mountain nicked at knife point on there a few years ago.

The lock in central Bath actually, but yes the Bristol/Bath path can be a bit dodgy, I've heard of a few snatch and grabs over the years unfortunately.

Lovely, unpretentious, used but top notch (would say that as I own a Hei Hei as well) :D

That canal path is safe as houses....ride it daily and never had any bother from Bradford on Avon to Bath.

Cool, I'm living up on the Trowbridge side of town near the golf course....been there for a couple of years now and love it.

Usually commute down tge canal on a Mongoose 29er that I just use and abuse (gets very gritty down there in the wet). Going to crack out the Hei Hei this summer though as it's a lovely bike to ride

Nice one :cool: looks like a good user, how does it fair weight wise?

Looks better in person I must say!

The most dangerous thing on the C&A canal path is the dust...
it wrecks your drivetrain and rims in 5 seconds flat.

Grinding-Paste!

;]

ekiborter":2x0dddhx said:
Looks better in person I must say!

The most dangerous thing on the C&A canal path is the dust...
it wrecks your drivetrain and rims in 5 seconds flat.

Grinding-Paste!

;]

Dust isn't too bad, when it's wet though that's a different matter.....definately grinding paste!

Back