Fat Chance – Wicked

That a lovely looking bike!!

Would prolly echo the comments re bar ends/grips - see what its like with those switched.
Is it finished? Beats me - are they ever finished?? :)

ameybrook":21i8veyz said:
Good effort.. is it a rider?

After owning two, I gotta say these are best with a rigid fork. The suspension is just going to slow that down, and it must weigh upwards of 30lbs in its current form.

I have to agree with this fork comment. I tried a suspension fork on my 1990 wicked, and it felt sluggish, dipping in quick turns...very different from the way it feels with the rigid fork.

Like your color combination.

it looks wonderfull... i have a wicked and ride it on woods type trails, the element where it shines.
if i were you i would:
try it w/it's original rigid fork. there is no need for suspension.
lose the bar ends and get a 23in bar.
lose the tioga rear wheel.

the wicked is one of the best hadling bikes ever made.

no one here is concerned w/ the handling of the bike. this is best woods bike ever made!
the majority of the posts worry about purple or not purple.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Id forgotten I'd posted this thread. Thanks for the comments guys.

The Wicked has turned out to be a fantastic bike. She's off the road (rather than off road) at the moment as I've managed to snap the thread on the DiskDrive – got a repair kit off ebay, but haven't plucked up the courage to mend it yet.

With reference to the handling I have to say I'm liking the Manitous at the moment – SteveK did include the rigid forks, but I'd already decided the manis were going on. This bike won't stay like this for ever, so I'm sure at some stage the rigids will go back on it and I'll realise what Ive been missing out on all this time :D

Only changes to the bike as it stands is I've swapped the Ti bar out for an NOS purple Hyperlite (the Titec bar has it's place on the Xizang now) – and I've put on some nice Ritchey foam grips instead of the porkipaws.

I must get around to doing the tioga though – it's a clean break at the rim and I can get at both ends so it's just a case of putting a new crimped join on there (I hope).

Haven't been using the wicked during the winter for obvious reasons, but now it's sunny again it's time to get it going again.

Lovely bike

TBH I'd be inclined to leave the disk off, they were more hassle than they were worth!

Back