My Dekerfs

Slimtim

Retro Guru
I think that my singlespeed is from 1996 or 1997 and the Team ST is from 2000.

The singlespeed is built in a combination of ancient and modern and is my workhorse bike (hence the mud residue) for the undulations of the Surrey Hills. It is 725 tubing which may not have the zing of the higher grade tube sets but is a comfortable and pliant ride.

The Team ST frame is almost NOS in terms of condition and took an age to find. I have also got a big box of carefully located parts to go with it (full XT with XTR Vs groupset as original spec) - my plan had been/maybe still is to use the modern Fox forks which I think look great with the frame and offer a great ride quality.

If you look in the For Sale section, you will see that I am considering selling the Team ST frame and some parts to fund a 29er project. Having taken some pictures and felt how light and lovely the build is going to be, I am now wavering!

Note to self, never take a bike that you want to sell into the sunlight as they just look to nice to part with......

Attachments

• P1000288.JPG
    P1000288.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,487
  • P1000274.JPG
    P1000274.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,487
No problem at all.

Those parts are a special groupset made of the special experimental unobtainium alloy.

It is invisible to the naked eye and Chris Dekerf is the only person in the world with a licence to weld it!

I'm somewhat biased but you can't beat a Dekerf :D

If you're unsure and want to know the age of your bike just drop Chris an e-mail with the serial number.

cheers

Jon

Latest posts

Back