My new steed PICTURE HEAVY

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
Another Raleigh.
This one is a Kellog's Pro Tour from 1989. Only middle of the Range, with Reynolds 501 tubing. But here's the thing.
It was won by the original owner as a prize and has spent its entire life in a shed, yesterday when I rode it home from London was its first long journey ever.
Some reasonable parts on it. Very early indexed mech, with a 6 speed freewheel, the original Raleigh tyres with absolutely no cracking of any kind on the sidewalls, possibly one of the last Weinmann brakes ever in a black anodised finish. Everything is perfect, apart from a couple of little spots.
About an inch too big for me, but lovely.

Here you go!
DSCN0381.jpg

The beast. Don't you love the way it's all colour coordinated?
DSCN0382.jpg

Very early indexed DT levers
DSCN0384.jpg

Lovely engraved handlebars with matching stem
DSCN0385.jpg

Short reach anodised black Weinmanns; never seen these before
DSCN0389.jpg

Original Raleigh tyres in near perfect condition
DSCN0392.jpg

Selle San Marco saddle, amazingly comfy considering what it is

Raleigh

Hi mate
That is lovely. Such pristine condition as well.
I'm not a big fan of Raleigh but that model could sway me, quite easily.
Enjoy your lucky find.
Jamie

chris667":qx8usv5r said:
Cheers!
Not sure what to do with it though. :?:
It is too nice; I'm worried about using it.

Whatever the brand-snobs might say, Raleigh made some VERY nice bikes - even in the mid-ranges IMHO. And they were built to USE! Hard as the proverbial, especially in 501/531. As might expect, there are ones running round here that don't look as if they'd even move!

:D nice time warp stuff, my trusty steed for yonks was a Raleigh Criterium.

it is mint...my old raleigh strada had a "custom" stem like that bike has...is that raleigh own brand?

It was on a lot of cheap/mid range bikes in the 80s and 90s.
Not exactly botique, but it does the job.

it seemed to serve me well through a few bikes for years so cant grumble.....it polished up lovely too

Back