The Official Retrobike shipping Sticky

Been quoted £176.43 to ship a steel frame from US to UK using FedEx Insured....sounds a bit strong but this is not a light frame

Is this=:shock: or =:D ??

Neill

Full bike from the states to the UK, any ballpark figures?

I've just shipped a frame to the US for £52. Measured up 110 x 60 x 20 and weight 6lb.

Sent with DHL via http://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/

To keep weight down, the frame was packed with small but strong boxes around the dropouts, head tube, BB shell and top of seat tube, and then wrapped in copious amounts of bubble wrap. I also fitted a spacer thingie between the dropouts.

Hi everyone got to send a bike to someone in the uk from my house in uk, have looked at senditnow site do i have to go to a special section for sending a bike? As they don't seem to ask for measurements or weight anywhere, i don't want the driver to turn up and say hey i am not taking that.

Here's what they say on the site:

Weights and sizes
Your parcel must not weigh more than 30kg, have any one dimension longer than 1.5m, and the total size of the longest dimension added to the size of measuring round the thickest part must be no more than 3m.

orange71":3mf26nof said:
Here's what they say on the site:

Weights and sizes
Your parcel must not weigh more than 30kg, have any one dimension longer than 1.5m, and the total size of the longest dimension added to the size of measuring round the thickest part must be no more than 3m.

Thanks i didn't see that :oops: :oops: I will have to go measure box i got from the bike shop, think it might be to though :cry: :cry:

i use interparcel a lot. they usually send d hl or t nt. having had a word with the drivers neither companies are over bothered about sizes and weights being bang on so sometimes it helps to be a little creative in your estimates...

CRANKS.

1 pair crank arms (no rings / bolts / spacers).

Posted to Belgium from UK.

Royal Mail.

'Airsure' service.

Insured to £100.

Cost: £10.45.

They actually told me £8.15 when I went in previously to get them weighed an priced, but I couldn't be bothered challenging it. Think the prices depend on the day of the week, and who serves you...!

Any rough ideas on sending a road frame (ie a little larger) from uk to denmark?

Back