1992(?) Orange Prestige

If you dare ride a pink bike in Barnsley, you're more of a man than I ever was.

Sure it's not just faded paint? I get the odd warranty frame past my desk that's changed colour from red/orange to Pink

This is one of the original pink and white ones. The pink had faded in parts to a more pale shade, not so "in your face".

Its at Woodrups at the moment, hope they can find a pink bright enough. Due to european legislation, the pink paints used these days don't tend to glow as much as they used to. Things have been removed to make them safe to use.

Fingers crossed it turns out ok.

They are also filling a small dent in the top tube, just hope i dont't get a phone call telling me this tube and that tube need replacing!!

I'm starting to wonder if it could be a bit earlier than first thought, the shape of the brakes that were on it are like the Deore ones i had before, and my clockwork was about an 89 or 90 vintage. Who knows!!

Got a few more bits this week so its coming together nicely.

Be back in about 3 weeks so I'll post more pics on its return!!

Right, just picked the frame up this afternoon. After alot of problems with the paint, I'm sorry to say to say that I couldn't get it repainted in pink and white. None of the pinks were bright enough. It would of looked, how shall i put it........gay!!

However, I am very pleased with the results. I went for the other option for the period, orange and white fade. Its been done with the paint that they did the Clockworks in the other year and to say its bright is an understatement. When the guy brought it out into the show room, i swear the place lit up!! In day light its even brighter. While crossing the road after collecting the frame, i thought if i get knocked down now, theres no way they could say that they'd not seen me!!

Just dropped Gil a line to get hold of some new decals and the plan is to get cleaning all the stuff up this weekend. Will pop up some pics this weekend of the frame.

One thing, does anyone know how the frame numbers worked back then?

There are 2 numbers on the B-Bracket, A309A0356 and 165. Any ideas?

Here's some pics of the repainted frame

3585075318_4c93e7c7eb.jpg

3584269523_f560375cbc.jpg

Just want to get it all built up but need to get the decals first, couldn't wait to fit the forks tho...

3585075996_b24d18acda.jpg

3584270027_e7b07b8e24.jpg

Sorry about the state of the walls in the cellar, everythings a work in progress at the moment!!

Ohh sparkly, thats come up amazing. Did Prestige come in this colour scheme originally? I can't remember if it was just Clockes. Looks awesome anyway. :cool:

Thanks for the nice words guys.

Mate of mine had a prestige in orange and white back in the day so i know they did it in this colour scheme, just not this bright!! :cool:

Looking forward to the rest of the build!!

Latest posts

Back