East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Right, I've just ridden the Kitchener from carpark to carpark in 57:03 mins and by the end all my internal organs were hurting.

I can do it no faster! I need a bag of fruit pastilles and a Pace :LOL:

I timed from the start of the Kitchener to the car park so that's another couple of minutes on my time. It was a great evening, not too hot, and only a couple of folks to get past, and soooo dry.

Can't make this Thursday it's Comedy Club in Ashby (we know how to live :roll: ) so I'm going to do Tuesday or Wednesday, this good weather is too good to miss. :)

The Cinder Cone is due back from Mercian, getting excited and nervous regarding the colour match. It's about time I started looking at what to keep and what to replace during the build. The great thing is I've really bonded with the Pace, although I worry about battering it, whereas the Kona I've always simply thrown at things.

rc200ti":3750xcw9 said:
Tuesday or Wednesday, this good weather is too good to miss. :)

The Cinder Cone is due back from Mercian, getting excited and nervous regarding the colour match.

I can do wednesday night this week.

I am really looking forward to seeing the Cinder Cone painted. Have you got the decals sorted?

:D Wednesday . 6.00?

The decals came from Gil_m. I took copious photos and then added setting out dimensions so Mercian have no excuse for getting it wrong...well that's the theory anyway.

rc200ti":1h7tede6 said:
:D Wednesday . 6.00?

The decals came from Gil_m. I took copious photos and then added setting out dimensions so Mercian have no excuse for getting it wrong...well that's the theory anyway.

Sounds good to me!

Anyone else?..It's the end of the warm spell :cry:

might get the use of the car

i hope it does cool down quick , i know its the typical brit complaint . when its cold we talk about nothing but when itl be sunny and when it is we burn and wish it was cooler but i really dont like mtb in the summer im sick of sweating , its too bright to see properly , every fooker is out :LOL: and the air is full of flies .

did some great people watching yesterday at santa pod though :p was the first time ive been there without being high :LOL: well nearly as the mate who was bringing his newly finished mk2 scort introduced me to such an awesome bloke . walked up to me in sun hat , oakley straight jackets and a really really old mint sauce tshirt :cool: turns out he lives quite close but sold up years ago . such a top bloke :D

i think i saw bez from the happy mondays too :? if it was then it was strange that i was the only person to notice . like the time i saw naboo from the mighty boosh years ago :?

well I'm hoping I can get a ride in - depends on how long Go-Ape takes - from memory it's 3 hours and we're booked in at 11am. Should be out for 2pm-ish with maybe 2 hours' play time :D

Will have to check I can get a pass for the extra time though - won't know wtill the weekend - shall we make this a provisonal rather than firm?

Back