7-11 Merckx Corsa Extra

mm very fitting bicycle for the seasion, as the paris roubaix just ended, and steve bauer finished 10cm away from the winner in the closest race in 1990 under the 7-11 flag

& that is a stunning frame :) i hope you enjoy it, and more importantly, enjoy it by riding it!!

Thanks guys, am planning to ride as is but also to gradually upgrade to Dura Ace when I can although absolutely no rush.

I adjusted the b/b and gave it a short ride on Saturday. How many bikes can you ride when leg heavy and just not be able to resist sticking it in the big ring? This baby is all about 53x16!

Sorry, trying not to sound smug here but it really is very tidy.

First proper ride on it today and can report back that it is a very nice bike and seems most stable on descents, so much so that even I managed to trigger one of those 'watch your speed' signs!

Did remind me how easy it is to get carried away riding compact chainsets though - you think you are a real hardman rocking the 'big' (48t) ring and then you get involved with a 53/42 and the rides of misery come flooding back. Not that I suffered, you understand. Oh no.

Corsa

Hi Ed
Sounds like a great ride. Hope the weather was good for you.
I too had the Merckx out today, huge headwind on the way out but even that didnt spoil it.

Jamie

Back