Gazelle Superbe has leaped another border.....

The Ken

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Just bought the ex-nos Gazelle Superbe from Sithlord, I'm awaiting it's arrival. Can any of the dutch guys give me any info on this bike? Elev12k?

I reckon it is a borderline retro 1999-2000 model and with the TVM frame number may(and a big may) have been a spare tour bike or even one destined for the team before they were disbanded. ( I like the idea of owning a bit of the darkside of cycling, but I think this is unlikely)

Anyway, because of the damage this frame is definitely going into action.
So if anyone has any suggestions as to what to put on it please let me know, because I just can't get carbon out of my head and that might cost a bit too much.

the only other Gazelle Superbe pic I can find is this....

gazelle-superbe-b.jpg

By "damage" you mean cost? Frame looked in superb (ho ho) nick when I saw it in Holland.

I reckon it would totally rule with some turn of the century alloy kit rather than the more recent carbon stuff and would probably save you a few quid too.

I hope the damage is not bad is it?

I remember the serial: TVM 008

Well, what would you think if you had such in your hands? Link with TVM? Probably, but in which way? It is true the official team bikes came in green at that time. For training purposes? Initially intended as teambike, but given another destiny for whatever kind of reason? Gift to sponsors?

Ken, you got hands on a nice one. The Superbe was neatly made and paint was of an aesthicly very pleasing quality. Liked the detail with the Dutch flag colours in decal shown below ...and there was more to like about this frame >>

3182176652_0752ca8483.jpg
3181342277_5fd884dbb2.jpg

Personally I think I would opt for a Ultegra or Dura Ace groupset for the build. Frame has quite simple aesthetics and the Shimano groupsets look relatively clean and simple too.

I was hoping to do Dura Ace groupset, but even that era seems to hold it's price a bit, I do have some older DuraAce hubs in silver but I was hoping to do black wheels, stem, cranks and bars, preferably carbon where I can afford it, although this is a rider it might take me a while to get it the way I want.

I think you are right in suggesting it was a gift to sponsors or training bike, but I might still get my matching Yellow Jersey made up:

Team TVM Bike Junkie :)

Does anyone know what the stem is on the above bike? I really like it.

That is really nice, I'll need to work out what stem length I'll need when I get the bike. and check the colour is close enough.

The Ken":1lb40f52 said:
Does anyone know what the stem is on the above bike? I really like it.

It looks very much like a 3TTT Mutant but powdercoated to match the frame. I think it was only available to buy in silver and black.

I have one on my track bike with Nitto bars and they look great together!

Back