Looks like I've got a Bonty.....!

Scarlett

Dirt Disciple
WOOOO HOOOOO!!

Totally and utterly wasnt exepcting this to happen tonight!

Some of you may have heard me mention a Bontrager Race Lite frame thet was on Ebay.com a few weeks ago that we missed out on because the seller couldnt figure out how to approve us to bid (auction was for USA only) well......

The lovely, wonderful, fantastic gentleman who bought it - he is registered on here as MrOrange - has just been in touch to say that its a 13" and thus too small, so whats our address so we can have it...

Am so utterly chuffed its unbelieveble - had been contemplating giving up my Bonty hunt and just getting something else and keeping my Kona as the good bike, but not now!!! It will be a proper project to restore her to her former glory but I cant wait....

Off now to go find the original spec and start looking for bits - exepct a large wanted post to appear real soon....

MrOrange - thank you!!!
<does a happy dance round the room>

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Fantastic.

I got a call today from Bob Jackson's cycles to say my Race Lite is finished and will be sent back Mon.
Race Ya.

cheers all...

some pics from the advert for your viewing pleasure...

e2d2_12.JPG

7019_12.JPG

ce5e_3.JPG

She's far from immaculate and has a couple of little dents etc, don't give a toss though, its just what I wanted...

Plan looks like its gonna be to redo her silver, the acquire some decent rigid forks (switchblades??) and as much shiney bits as I can find... :)

Hollister - yeah, Ive seen the pics of MrOranges Bonty collection *drools* schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet......

Nice!

I have some new Switchblades lying around here, long steerers.

On a sidenote; I recentely had someone visiting who expressed some interest in my TiLite Bontrager. He's a small dude and the 17" frame was too big for him. On of the biggest concerns he had was that these frames have pretty tall headtubes, relative to the framesize. He has a good point there, most of my 15-17" frames have smaller headtubes (90-95mm). This made the handlebars to raise too much and he didn't want to use an inverted stem. The tall headtube isn't an issue for you, being a smaller rider??

Back