SET2RISE 23/05/09 Pics and results

heathy

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
There are still places going for this event, so if your at a loose end ;)
Myself, birdman, simod, and a special guest are racing, so would be good to see some more members there.
I can confirm the course is even better than last years already exceptional one, with loads more flowing singletrack.
So what are you waiting for :roll: Come on...

http://www.spambiking.co.uk/eventsSet2R ... eventID=13

Well I must say that this was a very enjoyable event :D
The course was brilliant if somewhat of a 'big ring blasting' session interlinked with some tight singletrack.

The team comprising of the 'Mighty' Birdman, 'Lightweight Whippet' James, 'Chundering' Heathy and myself turned in a good performance and gained a solid 5th place in the Male team event.

The times that we all posted were consistently within a few minutes of each other which made timekeeping for changeovers nice and easy - the only two discrepancies being a puncture from yours truly (Sorry lads :oops: ) and Birdman, who decided that the 8 mile loop wasn't quite long enough and added another mile after taking a wrong turning on the course! :shock: Good recovery though dude!

And cheers to Guybe who came along and said hello :)

Cheers lads, an enjoyable day.

Great effort and nice to meet you all too and the weather was perfect especially for the night ride, well done lads :)

Great course apart from that bit of chalk & road to the top of the plain!

Managed to snap my rear mech off on lap three followed by light failure on lap 6 so lost quite a bit of time lol

Weather/conditions couldn't have been any better :D

It was a great course, crazy singletrack. I felt the moorland could have done with a tad more signage though :oops: I'll blame relying on a headtorch only for me missing the turn and shooting off down the wrong side of the hill at the top.

Top result for the team though, and an epic battle with Mexican singlespeeders to keep us going through the night.

Latest posts

Back