Saracen Sahara - Limited Edition ???

alexransome

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

Anyone heard of this before? I have been given one, just wondering about when it was made and it's quality etc

Attachments

• IMG_4038.jpg
    IMG_4038.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 3,143
thats a Saracen alright... but the other decals look like they have been added later, not original...

Look nice polished up though, built with all black kit.

Saracens are good strong frames (had a couple in my time) but the model that does not sound true to me... May be wrong though.

Thanks for the reply.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that maybe the other decals were added later, knowing the previous owner!

I have been accumulating some XT parts, as retro as they can be. Call me old fashioned but ... they're cheaper.

I have some black Mavic 521 rims and black XT hubs to put on, but the rest of the parts are mostly silver in colour. I agree that it would look better with black components.

Maybe it should be red .

I bought one of these new in 94 or 95 , it had STX-RC and Altus group and Saracens own suspenders up front .

I think the frame may have been stripped of its paint , but there again maybe not .

Cool to see one again though .

I have one of these, as a frame, and although it hasnt got the Limited edition stickers, it certainly has the rest!

I dont know much about it though, so id like to see what spec these were.

Hi folks,

I know this is nearly a year after the last post, but... I have 2 of these bikes - both is use and in full working order. The stickers are actually the same as I have 'limited edition', Sahara, Saracen etc. so they are actually original. I'll take some pics and post them on here - in case anyone in the future is interested lol. They were shiny aluminium T7005 as new - looked very tasty back in 1997 when I got them.

I actually still have the original tyres on them, cycle manuals etc They havent been used very much, but they are in very good condition. The frames are showing some signs of age with some scrapes etc as the frame has been lacquered I think. The front forks are ok but not great. The seat cuts your cheeks in two. Alivio gear on the rear wheel. Oh, better just getting some pics lol.

Forgive my indulgence.....

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01346.jpg

DSC01345.jpg

DSC01344.jpg

DSC01342.jpg

DSC01339.jpg

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01334.jpg

DSC01333.jpg

DSC01332.jpg

DSC01331.jpg

hi
a long time after your original post, but i too have one of these bikes in silver as in the picture but still with the original shimano altus gears that mine came with and not the grip shift.

its been a great bike and i use it to cycle to work a couple of times a week and on tracks etc at the weekends, i have a road bike too but this bike is my prefered choice for tracks etc
the markings etc on yours look the same as mine so i believe that they are original
i hope this helps you and that you still have the bike

nige

Back