just another anonymous bike

Whaouh ! I love it ! :cool:
And small size too !

I've got the 1990 and 1991 models… :LOL:
sm1000x2.jpg

The 1991 was really near the catalog too, but I prefered to change some items, like the crank or brakes for riding it. But I tried to keep the spirit of the bike with keeping the first grip shift, the cannondale bar and saddle :LOL:

Yes, I've seen yours...very nice. Love that black and white one. Also, that early grip shift is cool.

The only things I would change on mine, errr, I mean my wife's, are the headset,bb in exchange for lighter ones, as both are fairly hefty. The bike weighs 25 LBS as is pictured. The catalog had it at 24 lbs.

I love the older Dales... And your M1000 is mint. :D

Heres a picture of my 94' M600 had from new, don't have the peppers on in this picture but they are going back on took a while to find a 1.1/4 headset

hills006.jpg

neilll":2jalfgc7 said:
Lovely thou' :cool:

Thank you :D

stoner":2jalfgc7 said:
I love the older Dales... And your M1000 is mint. :D

Heres a picture of my 94' M600 had from new, don't have the peppers on in this picture but they are going back on took a while to find a 1.1/4 headset

Thanks,
I really like that blue/green...what did they call that color?

Must admit that M1000 of yours is spanking...

Always liked the early 3.0 series Cannondales and i'm surprised there are still a few still going... when i got mine all i seemed to hear from other owners was about the frame failing on the head tube or bottom bracket.

stoner":2h6srvvq said:
Must admit that M1000 of yours is spanking...

Always liked the early 3.0 series Cannondales and i'm surprised there are still a few still going... when i got mine all i seemed to hear from other owners was about the frame failing on the head tube or bottom bracket.

I would never take the ones I owned over gnarly terrain, with large dropoffs, and such. I imagine failure would be just a matter of time doing that.
With modest trail riding, fire trail, etc...I've never seen one break. My wife weighs 115lbs, and doesn't care much for dropoffs...so I imagine this one will stay crack free.

I wouldn't ride hers for fear of breaking it, though, due to hearing the same stories you've heard ;)

Back