NE&Yorks- RBDW route survey Dalby- 23May -The Aftermath

So no pressure on the photos then.... :LOL:
Great ride, good banter as usual. Dalby is a place i don't normally get on with, don't know why, but its never been a favourite. Best ride i've had there though. I decided to take the Raven out, a few people have seen the Ritchey now so time for some variation. Yes i did :shock: :shock: at reanimations gear choice of 38/16 :shock: :LOL: I'd thought for all of 5secs of bringing the Bonty (34/16) and decided it was a silly idea. :LOL:
Waiting for people to arrive allowed me time to fettle the helmetcam and the Raven, whilst Dr S was doing more and more Klunker skids round the car park :cool:
Taking photos of people jumping with a compact camera is not easy.... I managed only a few, sorry Sinnett and reanimation but i couldn't get you in the air. MJN couldn't keep the bike straight :LOL:
Anyway, a Klunker airbourne:

3564415896_22d332578d_b.jpg

3564419670_e95f60d8dd_b.jpg

3563611173_3e4005ebce_b.jpg

3570064373_9be14a995a_b.jpg

At one point Dr S mentioned his seatpot had moved; "is it bolt or allen key?" someone asked, "its bolt. its all bolt"
Apart from the bodge for his front mech....the only mechanical that stopped us

3570144711_d817ecf5db_b.jpg

The helmetcam is refusing to show anything.... :evil: :evil: :evil: i don't think it recorded anything :evil: :evil: So i had the worlds heaviest backpack for no reason :evil: :evil:

I didn't get that many photos taken :? They're on my Flickr and the retrobike flickr group - both clickys are in my sig ;)

The set is ➡️ ➡️ HERE ➡️ ➡️

Great write ups and pics there. :cool:
What they said.
3563606067_13ef1b11fb_b.jpg

I thought I had a high front end but it looks XC spec compared to the old Klunks! :)

Cheers Jack, some cool Klunkin' shots there. I wish I had taken more pics, but it's such a faff when you are havin' fun. Looking forward to our next outing with the MacRetro posse. Can we tempt the Lancashires to take the road north? I promise you will not be disapointed with Thrunton or our hairy cross border chums. ;)

Si

There should have been more photos, but trail centres don't lend themselves to it. I really like that photo of the Raven and the Klunker :D :cool:

Update on the helmetcam - i've got a couple of hours of sound if anyone fancies it, no video though....... :roll:

Was another top ride,I would think 2hrs of sound would contain alot of beeps :LOL:
I'm not a Lancashire (I'm from Lincolnshire) but may be interested in a trip up to your local,done some races up that way on in the past :)

Sorry for the late aftermath from me, but every now and again I have to do some work.

As always I really enjoyed the riding and company. Dalby is a great place to ride, on both occassions i've ridden there i've had a fantastic time. Your always guaranteed great company with NE and Yorks group and Saturday was no exception, great to meet some new retro-minded faces also.

I rode the alpinestars cro-mega for the first time in anger and enjoyed the experience. Some fine tuning in set up is required but it's great to be back on an alpinestars once more. Its heavy nature sapped my stamina towards the end, which brought home to me the fitness of Dr. S riding the heavier Klunker. His fitness levels have shot up since I first rode with him back in January.

Special mention must go to MJN and Reanimation on their singlespeeds. A great effort around a demanding circuit. Reanimations gearing sounded along way from ridable but he made around and MJN's approach of shedding ballast on his way around worked also.

Thanks once more to P20 for taking the time to take pictures of us all. I always really appreciate them and keep them in my collection.

See you all again soon.

Oh yeah forgot to say a special thankyou to Dr S for collecting up the gear I was jetisoning out of my pockets!
To be honest Sinnetti Dalby is perfect for singlespeeding,no real climbs and no fumbling with gears just concentrate on not hitting any trees :D
Catch ya later!

And I forgot to say thanks for the spare Mag 21 leg- your generosity has helped to give life to another after your own forks death. ;)

Keep carrying the card bro'

Si

MJN":3i1cedy3 said:
To be honest Sinnetti Dalby is perfect for singlespeeding,no real climbs and no fumbling with gears just concentrate on not hitting any trees :D

Agreed.

My first SS offroading was on good ground at Dalby, granted the wrong gear, but an extra tooth or two at the back, I'd prob choose a SS for a return weapon of choice.

Back