Prepare the fleet!

Russell

Old School Grand Master
Its really about time I posted pics of my bikes here.

9763795a3695544887b838213430l.jpg

Hanging - 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport XT. Wheels and rear mech destroyed long ago so running as a singlespeed until I can find some period wheels again... Not easy! Rest is all original.
Front, Left to Right
- 1993 (?) Orange Prestige, Full XT, RC 35s. Currently in a state of undress awaiting rigid forks.
- 1994 Zaskar LE, M900 throughout, but getting a makeover :)
- 2004 Felt (not production model). My modern bike, XTR/XT, Raceface, Hope, Magura Louise Discs front and rear, Manitou Blacks. Given to me as a wedding present by my best man, who also happens to design bikes... for Felt.
- 1997 (?) Voodoo Erzulie, singlespeed, RC36s, HS33s front and rear, cobbled together pending a re-spray.

Nice collection Russell.

How do you get on with using different saddles? Do you have a favourite?

BTW, my arse is Flite shaped! I've got Max flite on all mine except the Wicked and Yo which have Ti Flites on, and I find those two a little... shall we say... firm? :LOL:

My fave is the Specialized Body Geometry on the Felt, very comfortable. The Orange has a Titanium Railed Rolls, which is super comfy and was my saddle of choice before I discovered the Specialized BG. I find flites comfy too though, hence the one on the Zaskar, and nothing looks nicer than a flite on an old bike :)

Looks nice, but from your description I get you have lots of work to do.

If I were in the position to pick one of them, it would be the Orange :cool:

ive got a rear xt wheel, that may go well with that stumpy!

it has a 6spd freehub & araya rim, though i think you may want screw-on freewheel type??

xeo":1o9idoc9 said:
ive got a rear xt wheel, that may go well with that stumpy!

it has a 6spd freehub & araya rim, though i think you may want screw-on freewheel type??

Yeah, the original had a freewheel (5spd) but it did have Araya rims, which rim do you have?

Russell":2uxkyx4u said:
who also happens to design bikes... for Felt.

If he'd like some feedback, a mate I ride with regularly has broken 4 felt frames in the last 18 months (cracked 3, and bent the equilink on the brand new full suss frame within 30 minutes of it leaving the shop!). He's still relatively happy to ride them as with a new frame every 6 or so months he feels like a pro rider. :D

andrewl":33yp0udy said:
Russell":33yp0udy said:
who also happens to design bikes... for Felt.

If he'd like some feedback, a mate I ride with regularly has broken 4 felt frames in the last 18 months (cracked 3, and bent the equilink on the brand new full suss frame within 30 minutes of it leaving the shop!). He's still relatively happy to ride them as with a new frame every 6 or so months he feels like a pro rider. :D

Got to be honest, Felt weren't at the top of my list when I was thinking about a new bike, but mine rides really nicely. Climbs like a mountain goat. Seems solid enough too, thats after nearly two years of pretty aggressive XC.

If I'd broken four frames from the same make in the last 18 months, I'd be looking elsewhere, or re-evaluating what I need in a bike.

Latest posts

Back