1992 Kona Cinder Cone

Mr Panda":1zny4zby said:
Nope - but that's because it isn't :roll:

ameybrook":1zny4zby said:
I think its sweet you like your bike, but has anyone ever told you its too big for you?

Yeah, it is. The inverted stem is the issue to me. If you need to do that on a Kona, it's too big. You may like it, but you may like a smaller size even more. Just a friendly observation... :cool:

It also depends on the kind of riding you do - for meaty technical stuff I'd tend to agree, but if used for dirt track touring then no.

I have a friend that races his Moots YBB like that, with the stem inverted.
It looks silly to me but he swears that it just feels better to him when he races. The frame is his size but he just likes to be a little more "hunched" over the bike. Maybe it's because he is more a roadie then a dirt guy.:)
I remember when Cannondale racers BITD first started racing the Headshock frames they would do the same thing. Always puzzled me.
To each their own I guess.

Inverted stem - I just plain like it that way round, do that on most of my bikes although I accept its for aesthetics as much as (more than) for comfort ;)

With a 36" inside leg and a at shade under 6'6" I dont really think a 21" Kona is overly petite. Also ride several 19" Konas and this is the one for me . Sometimes commute on wifey's 17" Saracen but probably look a bit daft :p

Now my roady Bianchi - that is big :cool:

Latest posts

Back