Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick3216’s Swamp Donki

• Dr S’s Klunker

• mrs goldens dale

• Total voters
I really like the frame and the fork of the Ritchey Ultra...But the Stumpy is a really nice build and had my vote!

I have to ask:

Do UK based bikes, (as in made in the U.K.), have a bit of an advantage here on retrobike?

Like the Pace last month and the Bolx this month, both beating out strong US builds.

Then again, they are strong builds in their own right, so bias probably has nothing to do with it. Again, just wondering, not that it would have any effect on my entry :p

GoldenEraMTB":2h9lffr7 said:
I have to ask:

Do UK based bikes, (as in made in the U.K.), have a bit of an advantage here on retrobike?

Like the Pace last month and the Bolx this month, both beating out strong US builds.

Then again, they are strong builds in their own right, so bias probably has nothing to do with it. Again, just wondering, not that it would have any effect on my entry :p

I'd say no, BOTM is just very unpredictable, anything can happen and it usually does.

GoldenEraMTB":1q7ovjdf said:
I have to ask:

Well.... If it makes you feel a little easier im about as English as it gets (Londoner) yet im biased perhaps more toward the American brands of retrobike !! I just find they are nicer bikes to ride and like most things American - MUCH more exciting ;)

sinnett177":2rz0qkq1 said:
I'd say no, BOTM is just very unpredictable, anything can happen and it usually does.

delboy009":2rz0qkq1 said:
Well.... If it makes you feel a little easier im about as English as it gets (Londoner) yet im biased perhaps more toward the American brands of retrobike !! I just find they are nicer bikes to ride and like most things American - MUCH more exciting ;)

Ah, fair enough then...sometimes my paranoid side get's the better of me, and I think out loud ;)

The SwampDonki gets my vote- My new 'Favorite Bike On The Site'
Epic and the Ritchey in 2nd and 3rd.

Scratched my chin for a bit but had to be Archangels stumpy, really nice build :cool: .

Dr.s a very close second with the klunker with the bolx and the manitou sharing the podium for third. :cool:

The klunker. Jez's bike a close second, although I just can't vote for a bike with that horrid Tioga wheel....

...plus I refuse to support another man's bolx. :shock:

Thanks for all the mentions so far guys. I like to keep the result hidden until the last minute but I know which way my vote will go.

The Klunk had a good run out around Dalby on Saturday, theres a full report over in Rides.

3569795394_43fb066616.jpg

Keep on Klunkin'
Si

Thanks for the vote, I was getting worried there :p

I knew the saddle /post wouldnt be every ones cup of tea but I like it :)

Back