East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

ive just posted what i pedaled today in the macretrogirlygirls thread , not trying to taunt them or anything :p

how do you think cannock compares to the pines ?

kitchener ( is that the red route in its entirety ? ) would suit me fine . last week while on my lonesome i shaved my time down to 50 mins with a stop to take off my longsleeve ( looked colder than it was :roll: ) and tie that to the toptube and i momentarily got a bit lost when one of the signs was confusing me . so 45mins isnt unfeasible . im sure ive seen somewhere say its 8.9 miles

The Kitchener is the red route, which I'm sure we've done bits of but never the whole thing, though you've used the Kitchener as a warm up :shock:

Cannock was fun, quite technical, great surfaces and from what I've seen of the Pines very similar. More climbing at Cannock and a greater variety of terrain. Seemed to hammer the bike more than the Pines and yet nowhere was really fast (well I wasn't :oops: ). Lots of weaving through trees.

I think the Dog is 8 miles and each lap took me 50 mins. I think Ed does it in sub 40

It will be interesting to ride the Kitchener so close to the Dog. It did strike me that fun though these dedicated routes are they don't deliver the satisfaction of a good circular mixed ride.

how do you think cannock compares to the pines ?

agree with Rob - Cannock more hilly and varied and you do hammer the bike more. I prefer Cannock now I'm in the position I've done Sherwood a couple of times. As it happens going to Cannock tomorrow morning with the family (no doubt will get a quick blast in ;) )

It did strike me that fun though these dedicated routes are they don't deliver the satisfaction of a good circular mixed ride.

agreed again, but they do have their place.

Ed:
Hope you got a ride in yesterday and it wasn't too crowded. See you on Thursday.

NakedGav and Scrapper:
Looks like I can get to the Pines today as I have a meeting in Mansfield this afternoon. Bad news is that I couldn't get it for as late as I wanted so I'm likely to be finished by 4.30. Will go to the Pines, do a lap of the Kitchener and hope to say hello at 6.30 before I make my way home. I'm the old guy on the Pace, but don't hang around if you don't spot me.

Rob

yes got a couple of laps of Cannock in - got four sodding pinch punctures for the pleasure :evil: :LOL:

don't think I'll be able to come Thursday, sorry - had a few too many passports lately :shock:

also not sure if I'm going to be able to lead a Chatsworth ride in June either as I have no weekends free. May have to postpone until August now. Sorry about that :(

Ed,

I look forward to the Chatsworth ride whenever it happens. In the meantime I'm more than happy to lead a Ticknall ride.

Just back from the Pines. Failed to meet up with NakedGav and Scrapper. Did a lap of the Kitchener. It's considerably easier than the Dog, more flowing. Unocogero's routes are far more demanding.

Sorry you wont be there on Thursday. If the weather is anything like today it is a very pleasant place to be.

NakedGav,
If you didn't make today and fancy Thursday at 6.30 I'm sure that'll be fine.

Rallymarshall and Perry see you Thursday?

rc200ti":335lekst said:
NakedGav,
If you didn't make today and fancy Thursday at 6.30 I'm sure that'll be fine.

I did make it last night and it was a good ride - thanks Scrapper !
Not sure what the route's called that we did but it was the red one if that helps.
I won't be able to make it on Thursday unfortunately but I did discover last night that if I leave work bang on 5 I can actually make the pines for 6 so I may turn out to some future evenings.

I won't be able to make it on Thursday unfortunately but I did discover last night that if I leave work bang on 5 I can actually make the pines for 6 so I may turn out to some future evenings.

Look forward to it.

The red route is the one I assume is the Kitchener. It was a great evening for it :D

perry":3tuqhpph said:
ive just posted what i pedaled today in the macretrogirlygirls thread , not trying to taunt them or anything :p

pah what was it again 30 miles :roll: pitiful

Latest posts

Back