Forget the Audi, Get a load of this!!!

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Retro.

Fast.

Room for a bike (and you could sleep in it at a race too).

Rare.

The Lynx Eventer, 5.3 V12 XJ-S estate! I want one very badly! :p

Attachments

• ev03f.jpg
    ev03f.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 2,267
  • ev03r.jpg
    ev03r.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,267
  • ev03rsb.jpg
    ev03rsb.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 2,267
Beautiful, I've always had a hankering for one but outside of the realm of my pockets I'm afraid. The best I managed in that style was a Lancia Beta HPE and a Reliant Scimitar SE5a, great bike transporters if you can manage the fuel !!

Barry

No, unfortunately. That one is off Lynx's web site, a complete restoration and conversion.

Only 65 eventer's have been built. The last one I saw sell went for £18k and was based on a 1993 XJR-S 6.0 V12 auto. (burgandy met. with black leather). Lynx will still build you one if you have a suitable donor. Bank on about £35k. :shock:

They are very sought after. Show jumpers love them! I once saw one towing a Rice horse box, classy! :cool:

Rare as hen's teeth.
As said above, a Scimitar would be a cheap, plastic alternative.

In my dream world one of these would be my daily driver.
I'd use my 1981 Aston Martin V8 Oscar India on the weekends! :cool:

Good well looked after XJ-S's are okay.

The problem with any big car is as it get's cheaper things get missed and they don;t get serviced like they should do. My last one cost £1200 per year, with out anything going wrong, to keep running. But she never let me down!

Buy a really good one, look after it and don't use it as a daily driver and it's as reliable as any other luxury car.

I have half an eye on a 24000 mile 1980 V12 XJ-s right now. Really nice! :cool: No room for bikes and I should build a garage first really!

EDIT: The last of the pre-HE XJ-S had Lucas P-Digital injection (sounds cleverer than it is) and no concern for emissions or consumption. They would AVERAGE 11mpg :shock: However they were also the fastest road XJ-S's ever, including the TWR 6.0 Litre conversions. :p

Attachments

• lg_1980_XJ_S_pre_HE1.jpg
    lg_1980_XJ_S_pre_HE1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 2,155
  • lg_1980_XJ_S_pre_HE3.jpg
    lg_1980_XJ_S_pre_HE3.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2,155
  • lg_1980_XJ_S_pre_HE4.jpg
    lg_1980_XJ_S_pre_HE4.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 2,155
my sister-in-law had an xj12 what a heap of shite
sorry but it was the most unreliable piece of crap ever it needed
about 6 gallon of petrol even to start
2 years of my life rescuing my wifes big sister from all over the bloody country .....at 1 o'clock in the morning
when(when) it went it was ....okay.. but ffs buy a merc or a bm.
or a toyota.

Back