Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

Got to love an old fox. . . Sorely tempted with that ol courier prestige to hang a campag group on. . . or maybe an old Al Mega witha pierced top tube. . . but I have a lot of Al in the stable, so I guess it'd have to be the Jim'll-fix-it Ti. . .
Maybe we should start an "appreciateion" thread in tehe readers bikes. . . Neils Pace serial number thread, the Fox thread, and then more bike or brand specific as and when. Loving this thread, keep em coming. . ;)

:cool: Love the Muddy Fox. I had a couple purple/white courier (1 stolen/1 went in to the back off an Austin 1100)

Then bought an Explorer :cool: :cool: again nicked. It was my fav MF

Then bought an Allu pro-Why?? it was pink :oops: :oops: nasty :LOL: So sold it.

DSC00653.JPG

My Dad still rides his Courier Comp, new tyres & saddle since the last time I posted pics. He loves it. I raced it at Afan in the Welsh National Series once BITD when my Lava Dome broke. Came 7th think. Great bike. I think it needs a shorter stem, the original matching one would be good...

Attachments

• IMG_9425.jpg
    IMG_9425.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 7,224
  • IMG_9461.jpg
    IMG_9461.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 7,224
At Long last I have my very own Muddy Fox :cool:

I have just collected it, Its a 17" frame and shod with Deore LX, all original and ready for some treatment ;) Cut down bars :sad:

Its the same as yours reanimation a Sorcerer Mega with square round tubes

I am a very happy chappy :LOL:

Thanks for all your pics so far, they are superb :cool: and keep em coming.

April2009046.jpg

April2009045.jpg

daj":3h1k8q5t said:
Here is mine, in bits now sat in the rafters of the garage

DSC_0478.jpg

I have a friend who would give his left nad to own one like this. perhaps a little smaller frame ;)

very nice ride :)

I'm a bit late to this thread but then I only got it the other day:

Attachments

• courier2.JPG
    courier2.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 6,982
I suppose this is the appropriate area to admit a most henious crime (with nothing to do at work and I know from the window reflection that my boss is busy looking at the Chain Reaction website)...

I bought a Mega Trax in Perth for £70 and tried to use it for the return journey to Gloucester. Overloading the poor thing for the journey and not lavishing a service on it before setting off resulted in the abandonment of the venture on arrival at my first stop in Glasgow, 109 miles (and 12 hours!) later. By the time a mate brought it back down with him, my prize steed had become that knackered nag awaiting the glue factory in the field you may ride past and mutter about afterwards.

My crime is to have relegated said bike to the side garden, only pausing to save it from some cheeky sod who tried walking off with it. I wrenched parts off in favour of other lesser bikes and was generally less faithful to it than politicians are to ethics.

While still wiping the self-indulgent tears from my face, I hope that I may be forgiven this dastardly deed by the jury of those present.

Hooray I got a new seat!

It's an Arius Gran Carrera Special, it's a bit worn but for £5 including post I can't complain.

I got it from Mend-A-Bike in Fulham, brilliantly helpful shop.
This is now my daily ride, all I need is some 80s wheels and i'm all set

Attachments

• Courier3.JPG
    Courier3.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 6,951
Back