NE&Yorks- RBDW route survey Dalby- 23May

It gained another three quarters of a pound this afternoon as the correct bars turned up (8 weeks late :roll: ). Should have an nice Excelsior head badge next week too.
Picked up the frames from the Powdercoaters on the way home- can't stop drooling over the Yo, he's done a great job (£35 for two frames, a stem and two forks!) and the finish is superb.

Si

Guys...

Sorry...

Spent all of today doing risk assessments for the blo*dy Forestry Commission and then having to draw up escape routes in case of incidents, if anybody tells you organising a race on FE land is easy point them in my direction

Consequently I now have 400 T-shirts to print tomorrow and I still need to do artworks for the stickers

That’s before I even think of getting a crew together to go and sort out the course

I have little to no chance of getting anywhere near a bike tomorrow

Hope this doesn't leave you in the Sh*t

I will try and get over to see you after the SSUK event, still a good few weeks till the Bash

And I was going to bring the Dekerf :cry:

Ah, the risk assesment. They are great fun. I remember having to do them for my old employer. It was rediculous.
I had my insurers round last month and they were shocked to find I had done no risk assesments for my new premises. I work on my own and if I do myself in thats that, not going to sue myself am I? I eventually told him that the summary of my assesment was that if he didn't let me get on with some work there was a serious risk of him having his clipboard shoved up his arse whilst I found another insurer!

Best of luck with the event Gil, if we find a pub tomorrow we will raise a glass to ye.

Si

Ps. When printing MacRetro's T- shirts could you print 'I'm a gay man now' on the back or something?

No worries Gil, if you haven't heard from any of us by Tuesday, best come looking for us. Sorry you can't make it, alway enjoy seeing what you'll turn up on. I'm sure between us we'll find a route and have a good days riding.

All set and ready to go. Off to catch some sleep. See y'all in Pickering around 8:00ish.

Safe journeys all

Si

Guys,

Really sorry, but I've been a bit of a twat... In trying to sort out my brakes, I've subsequently managed to cock all of my cabling up. I've got everything I need, shy of a couple of gear cables, but obviously I've got no chance of scoring them before the shops open in the morning.

Really annoyed with myself, and I should know better than tinkering this late in the day. If I can, I'll maybe try and get everything sorted, drive down and catch up, but I'm not going to hold out too much hope on that one.

Sorry again...

Good work today guys. Good riding and excellent company as ever. Shall we all do a multiple entry style aftermath report a la Cut Gate? You want to kick off Mark?
Feeling shattered but really satisfied with today efforts. Looking forward to that first lap of MM next month!

Si

Will be later in the week from me. Knackered now and at work tomorrow. Someone else wish to start the aftermath thread?

Enjoyed today, a good ride.

Dr S":39t9o8k1 said:
Ps. When printing MacRetro's T- shirts could you print 'I'm a gay man now' on the back or something?

:LOL: :LOL: just cause we're going into the bushes with you and gimplord doesn't mean anything........well you know what they say :LOL:

Back