ah man! snapped my Pace.....added pic......now fixed..8^)

Oh man! I feel really bad for you! Snapping a Pace is right up there on the heartache scale! Hope it ends well for you!

I have promised myself that if mine does then it will go on the garage wall. Until that day though... ;)

thanks burkeredh
there's a picture in the "readers bikes gallery", before the fateful.....sniff, sniff.......event, been my only transport for 14 years................"it will get back on the road"

thats probably why Pace dropped the extra piece on the seat tube, in favour of the seperate bolt on piece.

Being square tubing though addtional gussets added as part of a repair can be made to look acceptable.

For a few gusset ideas on some nasty breaks have a look at the photo album on the following site.

http://www.gripsport.com.au

Having seen some for there handiwork close up I'm sure you should be able to find someone similar to do a proper and sympethetic repair.

thanks andrewl, they have done some good work there....spirits have been lifted :D there is light at the end of the tunnel(square tubed, obviously) ;)

that's about the best place it could crack,flat section on either sides,reasonably clear of the old welds.

any decent tig welder will run a new bead across it then a couple of short plates/gussets up over that weld should do the trick.

only problem i can see is getinng the alignment 100%, it'll need to be jigged in place with the seat tube post in, then remove the seat post prior to welding and ream the tube afterwards.

a surefire sign of a good weld will be that the seat tube needs little or no reaming after the fix.

Fingers crossed for you, I know how much worry you're going through. I was very anxious when my Pace needed repairing.

My 200f8 has a 300 headtube because it cracked. Fortunately still under warranty (2 years). Pace repaired and reanodised it for me (their welder was already in Aus at this point). They were very very helpful. Have you considered Argos?

RC300 headtube badges are just stickers - they should have them in stock. Rc200 headtube badges are the metal badges (which now adourn the 303 and 400)

Radar

sq225917 the funny thing is , i actually asked for two gussets, and supplied a old battered syncros post to help them align it...asked him to put 4 spots on the corners and then take the post out.
i know i'll have to ream it out,but luckily its only 4 contact points being a square tube
and radar.i was after one of the old welder headtube badges......couldn't get one...........................love nor money
i 'll tell you what i do need...those little gray magura tube guides that push in, gonna need those after the welding...any body?????

Back