The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: sunn radical+

radical+":2xgt5dir said:
hi
i own a 1998 radical+ i was just wonderin how much there worth nowadays pics to follow

depends what the specs are .
a picture would help .

JeRkY":2gh7mx2s said:
I suppose a solution may be to have a sub forum dedicated to pricing where the forum could be searched for posts. And those of us looking for values of relatively common stuff can search at hopefully find past quotation requests without having to post a new thread. Like wise if anything interesting appears, we dont need to scan 6.5m pages to find it.

Couldn't agree more. This crossed my mind too. Would be the best solution IMHO. When I first joined I searched to try to get some idea of prices on a few things. By the third time this thread came up in the search I gave up :roll: . A separate searchable thread would be ideal. Would also be easy to see which threads hadn't been answered.

just my 2p worth :D
Dave.

REKIBorter":2ovw2fs0 said:
I guess an no one has responded to my Spec Rockhopper appeal above :roll: you are all waiting for me to put in the for sale section and jump on it if I put it up too cheap.

Finger in air...but I reckon £200-£250 Max

Marin Rocky Ridge

I've never even considered that there was a market for Retro bike, but a friend's advise me to have a look here as I've got a retro bike for sale shortly.

I've searched the forums for same model as mine, but not turned anything up for a guide to the price, so here I am...

It's a 1992 (I think) Marin Rocky Ridge, I have most of the original components though it's all in component parts.

19" Alcoa Aluminum Frame (laquer is kind of "spotty", but doesn't appear to be peeling off, decals are still there)
Rockstar forks (small patches of suface rust, nothing major)
Marin lite seatpost, QR seatclamp, stem, and handlebar (small patches of surface rust on steel parts, seatpost and handlebar decals worn)
XT Rapidfire+ shifters/brake levers
DX Mechs, cantilevers, chainset, cassette and BB
LX hub with Mavic 231 rim (front)
LX hub with Mavic 238 rim (not original, though I think I've still got the original, now buckled, 231 still).
Marin pedals & toeclips (missing axle on one, it snapped)
LX headset (not original, from about 1999)

Both wheels are slightly out of true I think, though I don't think irrecoverably. All the stop and go gear was replaced about 10 years ago, not because it was worn out, but because I went on my hols to the US and bought lots of cheap new gear!

The only parts I don't have are the original folding tyres (they perished and split) and the original saddle, I bent the rails and binned it.

What's it worth (ish) ?

Re: Marin Rocky Ridge

tommcd":v5xx9w8a said:
I've never even considered that there was a market for Retro bike, but a friend's advise me to have a look here as I've got a retro bike for sale shortly.

I've searched the forums for same model as mine, but not turned anything up for a guide to the price, so here I am...

It's a 1992 (I think) Marin Rocky Ridge, I have most of the original components though it's all in component parts.

19" Alcoa Aluminum Frame (laquer is kind of "spotty", but doesn't appear to be peeling off, decals are still there)
Rockstar forks (small patches of suface rust, nothing major)
Marin lite seatpost, QR seatclamp, stem, and handlebar (small patches of surface rust on steel parts, seatpost and handlebar decals worn)
XT Rapidfire+ shifters/brake levers
DX Mechs, cantilevers, chainset, cassette and BB
LX hub with Mavic 231 rim (front)
LX hub with Mavic 238 rim (not original, though I think I've still got the original, now buckled, 231 still).
Marin pedals & toeclips (missing axle on one, it snapped)
LX headset (not original, from about 1999)

Both wheels are slightly out of true I think, though I don't think irrecoverably. All the stop and go gear was replaced about 10 years ago, not because it was worn out, but because I went on my hols to the US and bought lots of cheap new gear!

The only parts I don't have are the original folding tyres (they perished and split) and the original saddle, I bent the rails and binned it.

What's it worth (ish) ?
£70 to £80 .

Hi all, apologies for my first thread being a 'What's it worth'.

I'm looking to sell My Orange C16R. It's a 1996 model, 19" in silver.

Currently it's used as an SS but i still have most of the original 8 speed groupset that came with it.
Ideally i'd like to keep some of the newer/SS bits off of it and sell it with the original groupset. Below is the spec currently and also the list of original bits

Orange C16R Silver 19" with rigid forks
Original LX 1" Headset (will need new bearings)
Ahead stem convertor
Hope stem (gunmetal)
Easton Alloy risers (can't remember which model)
XT V brake levers
XTR V brake front
XT V rear
Mavic 317 citron rim on original LX (black) hub front
XT Crank with Salsa 32T ring
X-Lite Click on post
Mavix 317 silver rear on 3 year old deore hub with 16T sprocket
Max Flite saddle

Original/old bits of groupset that i still have:
Shimano LX (?) M569 Chainset
Club roost 1" quill stem
XT M739 rear mech
XT M738 Front Mech
Deore LX Combined shifter/brake levers M567
Deore LX Shifters M569
X-Lite stubbies
Original Time atac pedals (grey plastic bodies)
SACHS PC80R chain
Cassette - Unsure of model but poss STX or LX
Rear Hub LX (it's built onto a bright orange Velocity deep V rim - Hey it was the 90's! These things are back in fashion now!)
Xlite flat bars and Xlite xc risers

I may have the original stxrc canti's somewhere and the original Orange FIR rims

If you could give me an idea please that'd be great, it'll give me something to ponder then maybe pop it on your classifieds

Thanks

Houns

i'm toying with the idea of selling my club roost dh8 thats kitted out with some really nice bits....

hope ti6's with 9" floating discs , stratos s8 usd front forks , rockshock pro deluxe rear , xtr shifter and rear mech , funn stem , truvativ 31.8 bars , scott/hope pro2 hubs on sun s-type rims , ect ect.....

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

what do you think i'd get for it ? :D

big.eck":1xjvz2aj said:
i'm toying with the idea of selling my club roost dh8 thats kitted out with some really nice bits....

hope ti6's with 9" floating discs , stratos s8 usd front forks , rockshock pro deluxe rear , xtr shifter and rear mech , funn stem , truvativ 31.8 bars , scott/hope pro2 hubs on sun s-type rims , ect ect.....

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

what do you think i'd get for it ? :D

50p, It's got Specialized Cranks on it!! ;) :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back