I own a Fat.

well. Now I own two.

fat2.jpg
Fat1.jpg
fat3.jpg

fat4.jpg

The '86 came, and although it's going to be a great project for another day, I'm thinking not today. I think it was the angles... the front end was so raked out! I put a straight blade on it, and it looked downright ridiculous. The catalogue says 69 head tube, but I measured it more like a 67-68! It almost looks bent.

Anyways, this is a 90 Wicked. It comes with a story...

The gal from whom I bought it lives in Somerville, Mass. She was dating one of the welders at the time (I didn't pressure her who it was) and she got this as her first bike, straight out of the factory door. Before the move to Saratoga and the subsequent firing of all the employees, she retired this Wicked and he made her a Yo Buck! - a frame with the front end of a Yo and the monostay rear end of the Buck Shaver.

Now, this was supposedly before Fat moved to NY, and I dont think the Buck was released yet, so she may be talking about the rear end of a Monster. Regardless, it sounds pretty cool, if she ever sends me a pic, I'll post it. Anyways, now I have a project I'll be excited to ride. The 86 will have to wait for another day.

Sorry for the bad pics, its all she had. :D

scant":kuoxpp23 said:
FAT made countless custom bikes so the story isnt a surprise.

I know... I wasn't trying to insinuate hers was anything special, I just thought it was a neat story.

ameybrook":39dgifpi said:
well. Now I own two.

fat2.jpg
Fat1.jpg
fat3.jpg

fat4.jpg

The '86 came, and although it's going to be a great project for another day, I'm thinking not today. I think it was the angles... the front end was so raked out! I put a straight blade on it, and it looked downright ridiculous. The catalogue says 69 head tube, but I measured it more like a 67-68! It almost looks bent.

Anyways, this is a 90 Wicked. It comes with a story...

The gal from whom I bought it lives in Somerville, Mass. She was dating one of the welders at the time (I didn't pressure her who it was) and she got this as her first bike, straight out of the factory door. Before the move to Saratoga and the subsequent firing of all the employees, she retired this Wicked and he made her a Yo Buck! - a frame with the front end of a Yo and the monostay rear end of the Buck Shaver.

Now, this was supposedly before Fat moved to NY, and I dont think the Buck was released yet, so she may be talking about the rear end of a Monster. Regardless, it sounds pretty cool, if she ever sends me a pic, I'll post it. Anyways, now I have a project I'll be excited to ride. The 86 will have to wait for another day.

Sorry for the bad pics, its all she had. :D

Very nice Mike

The Buck was launched in '93 and as FAT moved late '94, it could very well have been a 'Yo Buck' :cool:

here's my FATi

a 1993 FAT Titanium ....

rides so nice

:D

Attachments

• FAT_ti_93_1.jpg
    FAT_ti_93_1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 906
  • FAT_ti_93_2.jpg
    FAT_ti_93_2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 906
  • FAT_ti_93_3.jpg