ah man! snapped my Pace.....added pic......now fixed..8^)

Trum...

Bad news mate, but I'm sure Pace have a lifetime warrenty on their frames...

Being a heat treated frameset, they are repairable...but no framebuilders come to mind that could do the job...sorry...

Good luck!

both of those don't want to touch aluminium frames,
on the bright side .......found a guy i know in a local pub (sounds dodgy i know)
who said " no worries drop it in tomorrow"
can't be bad
:D
i don't care if it's ugly..........as long as i can get back on it.
had to travel 8 miles after work standing up.......not good
i'll let you know how it turns out.
thanks for all the help.

Dude,

I would strongly suggest having a professional frame builder fix the Pace. Too many have learned the hard way by having a friend or aquaintance "fix it right up" by losing an otherwise salvagable frame to well meant but inexperienced hands.

If you truly want it ridable again, don't skimp on the repair.

In addition, it is difficult to say for sure without pics, this type of repair usually necessitates a overlay gusset as this is a fairly high stress area...a simply bead over the crack will not suffice.

Best of luck to ya,

rody

thanks for the input rody,

the guy has been welding aluminium for 20 years, not just a favour, i thought it could do with a gusset and on both sides, and will put it forward. there's about 6 guys there, and between them,probably 80 years experience so (fingers crossed) they should have some idea.

thanks again

just going back to the begining of the thread, dont you think that Pace has gone downhill, big time ?? When i tried to order a new head badge for my RC300 they told me that they can't supply the badges because they are put on the frames in tiawan !!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :x Not british anymore in my veiw !!!!

Back