GT LIGHTNING 99% FINISHED UPDATED

I have a question .... I didnt pay that much attention when I got it but shouldnt that rear mech cable sit more flush with the frame? :?

i think so Daj. that does look at bit far out from the downtube. Is it the original BB cable guide that's on it?. Not got any pics of mine at present to compare but it looks a bit off to me

Hmmm it does go a little tighter than that under tension but still out more than my liking, As far as I am aware its the original guide.

I have actually found an earlier pic which shows it flush .... and have checked its in the guide right ....The only thing I can think of is do you get different densitys in gear cable? :?

DSC_0058.jpg

youve got the gear cables the wrong way round, right/rear sti unit goes to the left stop on the down tube then to the right guide under the bb, left/front sti unit goes to the right cable stop on the down-tube then to the left guide around and up the backside of the bb. they should cross under the down-tube. adopted by most mtb builders in the early 90s, to stop the sti/rapid fire cables being bent too acutely and slowing the shifting down.

youve got the gear cables the wrong way round, right/rear sti unit goes to the left stop on the down tube then to the right guide under the bb, left/front sti unit goes to the right cable stop on the down-tube then to the left guide around and up the backside of the bb. they should cross under the down-tube. adopted by most mtb builders in the early 90s, to stop the sti/rapid fire cables being bent too acutely and slowing the shifting down.

Tried that way and its horribly wrapped against the downtube, Cant imagine lots of gear shifting doing the frame much good :?

From the original pic it runs the normal way but sits flush, Think I will try a different cable ... These new ones I picked up are pretty thick :?

Nearly there now .... Well chuffed !! :D

So ....

Needs a matching stem? Any ideas?

Which tyres?

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

Nice, but i'm not going to lie to you. I prefer it with the black forks and stem in the earlier pic, sorry. Then maybe the orange tyres to break up the black. ;)

I too am of the opinion that the black front end is a much better look

Makes the bike look more like a stealth machine and compliments the Ti more making it look very very :cool:

But it's your bike and I'm just a jealous b*stard :)

re:

do this then, take the lowers from the judy xc (black) and keep the light crown and innerlegs from the sl... that's my plan... going to try find a 97 xc with the white legs and fit them together with my 96 SL for the gf's bike...

Back