Specialized S-Works FSR 1995 – NEW PICS

beepbeep

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
New project...

I bought this S-Works FSR frame recently for a great price, mainly I think because at some point the top-tube has been damaged and sleeved (professionally).
Doesn't bother me though, I'm gonna use this one as my run-about/crap weather bike, built with spare or cheap bits.

As a big Horst Link fan (rock out Horst!) I'm really looking forward to riding this, I've always dug Specialized too. Many thanks to development_cycle I now have the matching jersey to ride in when it's built :cool:

I'll update when it's finished...

Attachments

• FSR1.jpg
    FSR1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 4,867
Cheers Jamie! :D

Do you know how much air pressure I should be running in the shock?
(I weigh about 10 stone/64 kg if that's any help)

Thanks

Well here she is!

Not the world's most glamorous build (that's coming soon... ;) ) but all good functional stuff that shouldn't attract unwanted attention when parked on the street.

I'm pleased with it though – time to go and get it muddy!

Attachments

• 95FSR.jpg
    95FSR.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 4,687
nice looking bike! love old school specialized FSR's

still looks good after all these years..! remeber seeing this frame on ebay and almost bid on it myself!

what forks are they?

spacehopper":3ol93ngj said:
nice looking bike! love old school specialized FSR's

still looks good after all these years..! remeber seeing this frame on ebay and almost bid on it myself!

what forks are they?

Cheers!
I was quite surprised when I won it, it was just a "I don't need this frame but it's going cheap and I've always liked them let's see what happens" kinda bid :LOL:

The forks are Rock Shox Pyslos – someone else asked the same question them when I had them on the Lawwill 4 – good, reliable bit of kit, adjustable between 80-120 mm.

As promised I went out and got it muddy(ish)

What a great bike! :D
Really nimble and competent, I love my new Stumpy!

Attachments

• FSR_4.jpg
    FSR_4.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 4,609
  • FSR3.jpg
    FSR3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 4,609
  • FSR2.jpg
    FSR2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 4,609
  • FSR1.jpg
    FSR1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 4,609
Oooh I would have done a JMC build :)

If my (ailing) memory serves me correctly he was riding one of those frame at one point......hmmmmm.

Looking good my friend, and no worries about the jersey, looks like you and I have the same bike! Mine is not fisinshed though yet. (I know scant it has been a while now, but all the bits are there, just time now!).

What travel is set on the forks at the mo? Front looks like it's riding pretty high to me. I would also strip and polish the rear triangle too, only because it looks like it has been half done already. I have a Stumpy FSR too from the same year and the rear triangle was already polished, I quite like it.

Ooh and by the way, please don't call it a StumpJumper, that is an S-Works Team FSR, there was a StumpJumper FSR too that year. ;)

Back