HS22...now bleeding q's :-)

I have seen the light! Phew...yeh..the mounts are wrong...strange that they came like that with the small Rockhopper.
Anyway...thanks chaps....still can't remove the elbows (notice my correct use of jargon ;) :LOL: ) any tips?
Cheers (again) Carl

Harryburgundy":314k23eu said:
still can't remove the elbows

Just held by a bolt that also holds the EVO adapter together at the top...see below >>>

Attachments

• Clip_2.jpg
    Clip_2.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 657
Harryburgundy":3vm870m9 said:
I have seen the light! Phew...yeh..the mounts are wrong...strange that they came like that with the small Rockhopper.
Anyway...thanks chaps....still can't remove the elbows (notice my correct use of jargon ;) :LOL: ) any tips?
Cheers (again) Carl

The way the mounts are in the pic is the way they come from Magura. I've fitted those mounts both ways around depending upon clearances.

As far as the elbows go they are tapered so when you do up the bolt they wedge themselves in place. All you need is a 13mm spanner on the flats and turn them like a nut. That should break them loose.

Once you've got them loose setting up the mounts should be easy (just make sure that they're vertical, or at least parallel to each other).

More toptastictips...thanks fellas...I'll have this done tomorrow, probably.
One of the Quick release bolts has the allen head rounded....anyone got a spare?
Cheers
Carl

It doesn't need to be tight, as you usually need to set it to get the right level of standoff from the fork - plenty of threadlock and grip it with pliers works OK.

Thanks fellas...you have all been very helpful. Now sorted .
These need a big tub of Patience of Jobe tm pills...to get them set up. :LOL:
Thanks again fellas

These need a big tub of Patience of Jobe tm pills...to get them set up.

Your first time playing with Maguras? :LOL:

You're right, set aside plenty of time and you'll get there........once you've done a few sets it all starts to make sense :cool:

Glad I found this old thread - I have a set of HS33s with the silver elbows totally stuck, and as they looked ridged I didn't want to twist anything (looked like it'd mash aluminium knurling).

But the diagram above's helpful - the older style elbows are on tapered pins, so you can loosen them with a spanner as if the whole elbow was just a nut. The knurling is just there to mesh the elbows and the central rod thing into one part.

Soaked it all in WD40, applied the spanner and bingo la dingo!

Cheers everyone :)

Back