HS22...now bleeding q's :-)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60310

get two 8mm spanners to make life easy on yourself (particularly if you are using braided hose)
push one piece of clear pipe onto one barbed fitting
Push 2nd piece onto other barbed fitting
fill syringe to the max with Magura Blood (with no air !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )
Undo bleed bolt on brake (wheel end), fit syringe onto clear pipe/barbed fitting
get the lever end up high
undo bleed bolt on the lever
fit 2nd clear pipe/barbed fitting
now you need three hands :))))))
put top bleed pipe into Blood bottle
gently push Magura Blood in the bottom (wheel) end
watch old blood and air and crap come out the top end
when you are getting clean blood and no air stop pushing syringe
carefully undo barbed fitting from syringe/wheel end
quickly fit bleed bolt back
repeat at top
bled brakes....

A bigger syringe than what comes with the kit is better, go visit your local vet ;)

Thanks John and Neil
I'll have a go later....the pistons are way off being near to the rims at the moment. First generation Evo mounts I believe...I'll post some pictures later...I guess the mounts will not ness. be vertical to obtain the correct rim/piston distance.
Mmmm...dunno, somthing seems wrong. Pictures later...and thanks for your input, much appreciated.
Carl
PS John....found some bolts with Pace stamped on them....must be for your forks...I'll send a PM and get your addy again

BTW...........If they have Pad Wear Adjusters on the levers, wind them right out before you start. If you've got a work stand get the bike 90 deg off the ground (front end vertical), this will help ;)

I think I am having a blond moment regarding these brakes.
Have a look at the quick lash up....with the evo mounts vertical the pads are way off the rims. To get them close I would have to move the pistons further in the mounts and off the black 'o' ring thingy. Or do I have the mounts non-vertical?
And PS..how do you move the tags at the back..stiff as they are
Ebaystuff974.jpg

Ebaystuff976.jpg

The mounts are on the wrong side fella, switch sides and you'll have the adjustment you need.

What do you mean by tags?

Yup mounts are the wrong way round, also make sure you get some "toe in" when you put then back together as mags squeal like hell without it.

Thanks Neil....I'm being really thick about this....I thought the quick release mount was on the RHS looking at the bike?
The 'tags' are the things at the back that rest against the fork or seat-stay.
Thanks again
Ebaystuff976-1.jpg

FSR-Si":2tj2dwwo said:
Yup mounts are the wrong way round, also make sure you get some "toe in" when you put then back together as mags squeal like hell without it.

Just seen that as I posted myself...thanks for the info

Harryburgundy":2iyg55yh said:
I thought the quick release mount was on the RHS looking at the bike?
The 'tags' are the things at the back that rest against the fork or seat-stay.
Thanks again

Doesn't really matter which side the QR goes, Magura always show it on the RH. If you totally pull the EVO mount apart the QR will slide out and can be switched onto another mount by repeating this process.

You mean elbows ;) If you undo the top bolt enough they separate, they will feel like they don't move as they are 'keyed' onto the EVO mount so they don't turn, undo the bolt and you'll see. Also if the brakes foul the fork brace then you'll need some 0720 443's to push the brakes slightly forward.

To get them close I would have to move the pistons further in the mounts and off the black 'o' ring thingy.

The black 'o' ring does move!

your set up looks ok to me, you just need to slide the pistons though the mounts to get them nearer the rim, about 2mm is fine, however.................in order to 'slide' the piston nearer the rim you will have to pull it pretty much apart again as the pistons have grooves that bite into the 'o' ring to stop it sliding........good luck!

Back