Late 70's Legnano

Senri

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
OMG, I have done it again. I only wanted to have a look at it, but came home with it anyway. As listed in the subject, it is a late 70's Legnano. I would like to find a more accurate build year though. It has:
-Legnano cranks
-Campagnolo Nuovo Valentino front and rear derailler
-Campagnolo shifters
-3TTT stem and handlebar
-Balilla brake levers
-Universal brakes (what a bad quality!)
-Renak hubs
-Regina Corsa cassette
-Italia Sprint saddle
and some new Rigida rims and Schwalbe tires.
Probably the hubs are not original too, I think. The paint is in a very nice condition, and even though I think it is not a high end machine, I still like it very much! BTW, it has the aluminium handlebar end caps!
DSCN3100sm.jpg

DSCN3103sm.jpg

DSCN3106sm.jpg

Top end frames are not built with those lugs. But it still looks great though, except for the rims and tyres!

Is there a tubing sticker?

Yes, I know it is not a high end machine, I even doubt if Legnano still made those at the end of the 70's. It is made from Falck tubing.

Well, I cleaned, polished and regreased everything. I really like the ride of it. It is pretty flexible but really invites to go fast!
Yesterday evening I saw a roadconstruction a bit late, so I hit a steel plate to cover a hole in the road. I swayed a bit to the right just missing a pole and hit just the end of the hole as well. I didn't fall, and after my heart rate went down a bit and after stop cursing I checked the bike. In addition to some readjusting of the handlebars I noticed both Rigida SX-100 rims to be bent and dented. This of course triggered some new swearing...
I didn't want to have this of course, but checking what I still have at home, I found a pair of Mavic Module E2's that still look good. I also have some decent Hutchinson amber walled tires, so i will get it back having that classic look! But it was a bit of a scare!

Back