Stockpiling - What have you saved?

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
What have you got disproportionate amounts of sitting out there in the garage. that you thought would be a wise idea when you heard they were'nt making them any more?

Some of my more healthy stockpiles were Zookas just timed right when they had 10's of stems left at the factory. And Arch Supremes at a similar point in history.

But some of my more 'rash' decisions were buying three sets of M952 shifter pods when the dual shifters came out only to wait three years and not only be able to buy them new still, but also the 'sexier' replacement!.

And not forgetting... Odyssey Pro Vapour 150mm stems when I thought I'd always want to ride them.

Got any good stockpiles of lovely things to be jealous of?...

XT shark fins - loads from a shop in Delaware when I was living 'over there'.
XTR m900 front mechs - same shop.
Mavic underbar shifters - got several sets from Evans in the bargain bin 10ish years ago (£5 a set), now only one set left.
Proshift shifters/mechs etc - Supergo were knocking them out new at $40 a pop so I got a number, again only 1 groupset left.
Speedplay frog cleats - not sure why as the mark 2 was so much better.
Cooltool Seat QRs, Hiterites and 3rd eye chain minders.
(odd one) Reload frame pads from Philly, custom made pads to fit on top tube to stop your lock or foot (in my case) from wrecking paintwork

Salsa stems: 1 road, 1 cx, 1 mtb
My latest one is Cooks cranks, 1 NOS set of road, 2 set of CBRs, 1/2 a set of E cranks and 4 NOS RSRs (2 destined for bikes, 2 in reserve).

Oh, and a number of king top caps (left overs not purposefully bought) and bullseye jockeys and ringle road skewers (Bromley bikes clear out)

No, I'm hoarding mine. When Shimano goes 11 speed everyone will be wanting these and my under the chainstay anti chain suck things (I forgot to mention those as well), then I'll be rich and retire to a tropical island :D

Yep, we got a bit around Christmas.

DSCN0563.jpg

Almost all gone now, except for in the mountains.

Back