Buying a Headset Press, worth it ??

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have a few headsets that need putting back on bikes which I normally go to the LBS to do, however they are a bit slow at getting them back to me, or i'm too impatient, so i was thinking about buying one of these and doing it myself. i know alot of the guys on here have they're own home made solutions but I'm not equipped to make some adhoc construction so was considering the Park HHP3 as in the link below.

Anyone got one, used one or have an opinion on their suitablility for the job ??

They're £35 at Chain reaction so after doing a couple of headsets it would pay for itself..

http://www.parktool.com/products/detail ... tem=HHP-3#

What's wrong with this?

We're talking pennies to make...

Attachments

• headsetpress_1.jpg
    headsetpress_1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 2,050
I've often pondered this. £35 seems decently cheap to make it an option at least.

I'm lucky I suppose that my lbs does it when i turn up and off i go a little lighter of pocket.

Yeah I'd say it's worth it. But maybe there are things lbs's should be left doing to keep the local economy flowing? :) I dunno.

Hmm, what are you gonna use it for Gus, toning up your love-muscle? ;) ;)

:LOL:

It's the cheapskate's version of a headset press...

stevek said:

Oi - You calling my love muscle a small pet!?

I suppose I'd better finally get around to getting a bike stand before I go getting a headset press. Knowing me, it'd take me so long to get it together to make that thing, I'd be better off just buying one.

Wu-Tangled":2osybyq1 said:
stevek":2osybyq1 said:

Oi - You calling my love muscle a small pet!?

I suppose I'd better finally get around to getting a bike stand before I go getting a headset press. Knowing me, it'd take me so long to get it together to make that thing, I'd be better off just buying one.

It's only what your Mrs told me!! ;)

Ah.. bike stand, I've made the very thing....... :roll:

:D

Here it is! Isn't she a beauty? Even got a wee generator there..

Attachments

• b-stand.jpg
    b-stand.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,024
you made a bike stand?

I just lean it against the garage wall and swear a lot when it keeps falling over.

It's one of those things where you wouldn't think about blowing a £100 on a bike comp but bike clothing, or tools always seems to feel wrong.

sorry Hilts, got away from your headset press here a bit haven't we? :)

What's wrong with it!? Lick o' paint and it'll be as right as rain!!

Nah, I've got one of those BiciSupport jobbies with a rubber lined clamp.

Apologies Hilts, didn't mean to take over....

Back