The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had much success with getting any idea of price from this thread :( I have to confess, like many others I suspect I only visit it when looking for a price so very rarely am I of use actually pricing anything that pops up on here, so i'm as much to blame as many.

But even then unless you make an effort to visit it daily and offer advice, items soon get burried and lost in the depths of the thread. not quite next to useless, but in the same ballpark.

This post like many before it will soon be lost in the depths and the thread will wond on blindly leading into the future as it has done since conception.

REKIBorter":2vjngarx said:
I guess an no one has responded to my Spec Rockhopper appeal above :roll: you are all waiting for me to put in the for sale section and jump on it if I put it up too cheap.
its because its just a bike (ok, in very good condition). not rare, no collectors value, no outstanding beauty. give it a try around 200euros.

JeRkY":33d5uxlh said:
Never had much success with getting any idea of price from this thread :( I have to confess, like many others I suspect I only visit it when looking for a price so very rarely am I of use actually pricing anything that pops up on here, so i'm as much to blame as many.

But even then unless you make an effort to visit it daily and offer advice, items soon get burried and lost in the depths of the thread. not quite next to useless, but in the same ballpark.

This post like many before it will soon be lost in the depths and the thread will wond on blindly leading into the future as it has done since conception.
thats because most bikes/parts that get posted here are boring. look at the last two pages. random bikes, mostly late 90ees :roll: , often first time posters hoping for the treasure chest to open...
why should anyone care about this thread?!

:cool: Your right a usless place, last time i listen to the so called clued up expert in the bike shop :roll:

Fleebay here we come :shock:

Inigo Montoya":2c0i001v said:
thats because most bikes/parts that get posted here are boring. look at the last two pages. random bikes, mostly late 90ees :roll: , often first time posters hoping for the treasure chest to open...

You are of course quite right. a lot of the stuff in here is repetitive and not particularly eye catching. However the nature of having just one thread to cover opinions on prices doesnt help its self. How are we to know if something interesting does appear on here? There is no way of easily searching through the many many pages of this thread for interesting items or for that matter common items that people may want to price up.

We may as a forum of valued thousands of 1991 specialized stump jumpers, however any one joining the forum, or just viewing as a guest has no idea of this.

I suppose a solution may be to have a sub forum dedicated to pricing where the forum could be searched for posts. And those of us looking for values of relatively common stuff can search at hopefully find past quotation requests without having to post a new thread. Like wise if anything interesting appears, we dont need to scan 6.5m pages to find it.

Apologies to admins for going way OT here, please feel free to split these posts into a new thread.

JeRkY":3q1glc2r said:
Inigo Montoya":3q1glc2r said:

You are of course quite right. a lot of the stuff in here is repetitive and not particularly eye catching. However the nature of having just one thread to cover opinions on prices doesnt help its self. How are we to know if something interesting does appear on here? There is no way of easily searching through the many many pages of this thread for interesting items or for that matter common items that people may want to price up.

We may as a forum of valued thousands of 1991 specialized stump jumpers, however any one joining the forum, or just viewing as a guest has no idea of this.

I suppose a solution may be to have a sub forum dedicated to pricing where the forum could be searched for posts. And those of us looking for values of relatively common stuff can search at hopefully find past quotation requests without having to post a new thread. Like wise if anything interesting appears, we dont need to scan 6.5m pages to find it.

Apologies to admins for going way OT here, please feel free to split these posts into a new thread.

that does sound like a very good idea, having a sub forum for pricing.

JeRkY":uihhr5v4 said:

you are right. a subforum would be a good idea.

RMB Cirrus

3 kids and I need to make room ... what's my bike worth? I always said it had the "love factor"

'91 (at least I thinks it's 91 ... redish lettering) Rocky Mountain Cirrus

Original Parts:
Syncros Seatpost
Wheelset, Front tire
XT Cranks
Bottom Bracket
Front Derailleur
XT Pedals

I have the original cantilever brakes and servo wave levers, Unfortunately, Syncros stem, fork and bars were sold seperately years ago.

Added Parts:
XT Thumbshifts
LX V Brakes
LX rear deraileur
Project 2 Fork (sticker with Brodie B)
Rings and cassette not original
Axiom riser bar
Generic Stem
Bontrager SEat

Thanks in advance!
C

Re: RMB Cirrus

lungfungus":w3kdesiu said:
3 kids and I need to make room ... what's my bike worth? I always said it had the "love factor"

'91 (at least I thinks it's 91 ... redish lettering) Rocky Mountain Cirrus

Original Parts:
Syncros Seatpost
Wheelset, Front tire
XT Cranks
Bottom Bracket
Front Derailleur
XT Pedals

I have the original cantilever brakes and servo wave levers, Unfortunately, Syncros stem, fork and bars were sold seperately years ago.

Added Parts:
XT Thumbshifts
LX V Brakes
LX rear deraileur
Project 2 Fork (sticker with Brodie B)
Rings and cassette not original
Axiom riser bar
Generic Stem
Bontrager SEat

Thanks in advance!
C

If the Cirrus is not cracked, you'll find a buyer here. Proper Rockies tend to sell
If it had the syncros forks it would sell far faster and for more ££. Project 2 are nothing special and common.
You buggered it up with the bars as well ;)

£200 would probably get a sale and if you post a picture it is so much easier.

Red shadows was 1990
Purple text ? 1991
Green in 1992

Of course being Rocky Mountain in the early 90's nothing was fact ;)

I just noticed you're Canada, so may be a problem selling to the UK for a good price.
Also giving the frame size help (centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube (or often the seat bolt clamp centre))

RockiMtn may know better in your market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back