NE&Yorks- RBDW route survey Dalby- 23May

justbackdated":3o78euvl said:
Hi Folks-can't make the ride unfortunately[sounds familiar!] but will try to make breckers or apres ride cuppa! :D

Yeah but you made it to the now legendary snow ride :D

MJN":3j4py50l said:
justbackdated":3j4py50l said:
Hi Folks-can't make the ride unfortunately[sounds familiar!] but will try to make breckers or apres ride cuppa! :D

Yeah but you made it to the now legendary snow ride :D

Ey, it was a classic ride that one :cool:

Will be nice to catch up Tim and see how Funky Pace is coming along ;)

Trying to decide which bike to bring still. Klunker could do with its proper bars as I got a spot of back ache on it yesterday which does not bode well for a longer ride. Cotic really needs to start earning its keep as its only done a few hours from new but its cheating turning up with a modern isn't it MJN? :D Looks like an outing for the 87FAT as I don't think I will have the Boulder or Yo Eddy finished in time.

Sometimes I wish I only had one bike!

Si

I don't think modern is exeactly 'cheating' I just have to use whats available/clean/in one piece at the time :!:
Whats more retro than a rigid steel framed singlespeed?Appart from everything on it being new :oops:
Turn up with whatever you fancy riding,I'm sure its the craic more than the machinery :D Although its still satisfying to leave modern fs bikes in your dust on said ss machine :cool:
Don't worry I only bring the Scott out for big hills :D

In my case i think it would be easier on the retro, defo the safe option. 21 gears and long XC position, and a seat that i can sit on and pedal.

Modern: One gear, short frame, heavy front, lighter rear thanks to SS, should be a fun challenge I reckon even with 100mm forks to help on the downhills. Bout time it got a long test!

Theres a 16-1 outside bet that the Yo Eddy! could be making its debut. I have most of the bits and MrPowdercoat says it will be ready Thurs or Friday. Wont have decals as I need to see the big man about them, but I think it could be a goer.

Fork leg for the Boulder is down at the PO waiting for collection- cheers Marcusi ;) ;)

Just had a thought- there is no headset or stem on the Cotic, so thats out of the frame for Saturday :roll:

Si

Should be no problem. Car park is very visable and full of old duffers at that time- it's the station and supermarket car park.

Si

Andy B":3mwegrz7 said:
just a thought , how safe is the car park in Pickering, as I have roof mounted carriers for the bike, it will be out of sight during the fry up will any low life's try to half inch it?

You can always throw the bike in one of our cars/vans whilst we are at breakfast, but as Si says it's a quiet little town and a very visable car park.

Definitely the alpinestars for me, hopefully back in 21 speed DX config and with suspension forks too!

The Raleigh is being stripped, cleaned and serviced. Won't be ridden now until MM09.

My +1 has dropped out to prep a car for a show.

Just me, myself & I coming.

Back