Ruddy expensive respray quote

Mmm. I like the idea of getting it done properly tho - Msteel did such a good job - all dents were sorted and the finish is pretty wonderful - Gump and Jon can testify this. The way they lacquered over the decals so they look almost embossed is awesome.

I dont mind paying in the region of 80 all in for a one colour enamel/powdercoat as long as they do a proper job.

Argos are a rip off from seeing that quote...even Bob Jackson and Mercia seem better value and they are reknown for their quality too.

you strike me as the lazy type jez :LOL:
get some1 else to do all the work ;)

I've spent 5hrs paint stripping a mates old yeti (3 layer of b'std powdercoat!). I enjoy it, find it rewarding, the journey of repair, polishing cheap worn out parts/ frames etc. If you dont want the hassle send it to a framebuilders/ paint shop!

I was trained as an industrial designer at my uni 7 years ago - it involved 4 years of product design, engineering and high class model making (nintendo systems, vacuum cleaners, bike & vehicle design etc) I loved the machining, plastic moulding, spraying etc. and the attention to detail we had to go to was very high. We had to make the design/mockup look exactly like the finished product - it took a great dal of time and patience.

....so I've been doing it for years. Looking at the quality of the finish on the Goat I can see that Msteel finishers/sprayers know what they're doing. They know the techniques and processes inside and out. Not a bodge job at all...

Simple case of paying for quality work..

yeh fair enuff. zippo difference in finish between my re-done powder coat on my FRO & my yeti done powder coat on anutha yeti 04 frame..

as rody said, a lot easier to get a quality finish cheaply with powder coat than cheaply enamel.

I think you've already decided you want enamel!

Back