wireless - should I really bother

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Just got our first home PC/laptop :D (yes, I'm one of the late starters)

internet wise, am I better off sticking to a 'cable in the wall ' connection rather than a wireless connection ? just thinking it'll be safer security wise (you hear so much bad about it) and a damn sight cheaper than buying a wireless box thingy.

Your thoughts please

as you can all tell , I am not computer literate either :oops:

Do you need wireless? As in do you want to use another PC (Laptop?) elsewhere in your house, on the 'net? If not, then stick with wires - I have, for all the reasons you mentioned already!

Unless you have a laptop and want to be able to access the internet in the garden (we did) and are happy setting up the wireless security yourself (I am), then it's not worth the hassle... Plug n Play with wires is far easier...!

we've just changed back from wireless to wired as it works way faster for us, although i'm not that computer savvy so maybe a user thing!

is a slight pain being fixed, but we've got a long telephone cable so is kinda mobile :D

Cheers guys,
I somehow thought everyone on here would Push the wireless route but I am glad too see I'm not on my own about the security worries - Wired it is

cheers ;)

Back