Cook Bros E Cranks - I'm going the distance...

I dunno to be honest Scant, can never really find much info on them, I know they weren't a lot cheaper than the E cranks but looked a lot sturdier and thicker arms, you should try a set scant might sway you back round to cooks with them looking nice and actually working, nice and stiff they are too. I never see many about though.

ape":2gslnwlc said:
I dunno to be honest Scant, can never really find much info on them, I know they weren't a lot cheaper than the E cranks but looked a lot sturdier and thicker arms, you should try a set scant might sway you back round to cooks with them looking nice and actually working, nice and stiff they are too. I never see many about though.

I was offered a set a mate picked up cheap from bromleybike last year. once bitten twice shy... :roll:

How much were you offered em for and what colour? :D lol, are we talking about the same cranks I'm talking about the F cranks not the CBR's

ape":22vg3ubf said:
How much were you offered em for and what colour? :D lol, are we talking about the same cranks I'm talking about the F cranks not the CBR's

I'm well aware of the differences, CBR, RSR, e crank, F crank etc.
I was offered F cranks. chris's case is just a classic example...
maybe F cranks are the cooks holy grail? IE they look cool (must admit RSRs still look the coolest IMHO) & they actually work... what a revelation that would be! :LOL:

cooks e cranks

Hmm, at that kind of money I may be tempted to part with the ones I've currently got on my yo eddy. Has the guy got all the granny ring hardware as well.

Re: cooks e cranks

younggeoff":354kstsv said:
Hmm, at that kind of money I may be tempted to part with the ones I've currently got on my yo eddy. Has the guy got all the granny ring hardware as well.

I would hope so, only thing holding the spider on :)

Think its a shame that most of the cooks cranks arn't that good though, never had any experience on any others to be honest so couldn't comment. You should try a set Scant don't think you'd be dissopointed, or if I can ever get to a meet thats close enough to me and your there you can try mine lol. In fact as an example (no I'm not proud of this moment), I lost my temper slighlty and threw my bike a few feet in the air and it landed on the pedal causing the bearings in my hope bb to die and me having to get them replaced but crank was still fine. Anyway enough of my waffling, those blue E's look nice but after the stories don't think I'll actually ever bother with a pair.

forgive my ignorance :D
but am i right in thinking the difference between CBR and RSR is that the RSR have the groove milled into the inside face of the arm?

Back