Marin 1990 Bear Valley Rebuild - FINISHED !!! PAGE 38 !!!

Holy CR@P!!!!

How cool is that shiny logo on blasted finish! :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't think I can say any more. I've got to go off and have a lie down.

how long before we see the "whole beast"

this is the best thriller I heve been following in years. :D

last much longer than a paperback or a movie and the suspense is no less ;)

I've just read this whole thread for the first time and wanted to congratulate you on creating a work of art, I think (though others will probably disagree) that this is a serious contender for Bike Of The Year. The dedication, technical skill and aesthetic vision that you have applied to this project is a rare and wonderful thing to witness and I join the other posters here in anticipating a stunning final build.

As to choosing a Bear Valley - I have spent hundreds of riding hours on Bear Valleys, not the lightest bike stock but a wonderful XC ride and with sensible upgrades they can run with the best of them. For me it's the quintessential early 1990s Californian mountain bike - I just have to look at those decals and it reminds me of summers long past.

Thanks for the nostalgia trip and good luck, I can't wait to see it on its wheels.

I'm speechless, words just cannot express how much I like what you've done with the ti bits.

Eagerly anticipating the finished bike.

we need a summary of work done/to be done and a few mock up shots :D

wow, you are a genius on the stuff you are doing on your project, some amazing stuff here, hope this project will be finished very soon and cant wait to see the bike, I always have a soft spot for Marin as my very first MTB was '91 Bear Valley.

I'm in awe of this build :cool:

I'm also buying shares in Kleenex as sales will be going through the roof when the final build pictures are posted ;)

Back