MacRetro chat and rides thread

One of our regular Le Mans chums is taking a year off from the great race to do some crazy triathalon in San Fran that involves swimming from Alcatraz through shark infested waters and some of the strongest currents on the west coast :shock: his tales of not swimming west or the currents take you to the sharks are really scary.

Si

Dr S":2l99n6xg said:
One of our regular Le Mans chums is taking a year off from the great race to do some crazy triathalon in San Fran that involves swimming from Alcatraz through shark infested waters and some of the strongest currents on the west coast :shock: his tales of not swimming west or the currents take you to the sharks are really scary.

Si

Escape from alcatraz tri :cool: that was one of my 'must do's'

clockworkgazz":3k1i27f9 said:
If I did have a list of "must not do" then that would be high up there- you are a mentalist Kaiser.

your fine as long as you leave of the seal and porpoise noises :D

I do wonder what the traditional method, used by cross channel swimmers, of covering ones-self with Goose fat will do to the sharks appetite? I suppose it will leave a oily tail in the water that should make the Coast Guards job a little easier.

BTW, this is Harry's first Triathalon and he is well into his late 50's :shock: Last year he rode solo to Le Mans on his bike for a Kidney charity- his thinking was that the poor little things get such a tough time of it when we all go to Le Sarthe that he might well need them one day :LOL:

Si

There are strong currents in the swim, tell him to make sure he can sight well when swimming open water, the worst bits meant to be the water exit when you face a rather large hill with jelly legs to get to T1. If you still have legs of course :LOL:

nice morning bimble :) the threat of rain put the carron valley jaunt on hold so a unexpected nice morning and a pass had me over some of my old routes. Not technical in any sense mostly road and park paths but an old bombhole we used to frequent was still there with a few more routes cut in and an old bit of singletrack was there too but a wee bit overgrown and muddy. On the way back stopped at the old BMX course, quarter pipes gone and the starting gates been pinched but most of the jumps are still there allbeit overgrown with a narrow path had a few laps and the best jump is still the one I made with my own fair hands more than 20 years ago :D Will need to get a few midweekers in over the old ground not challenging but works up a sweat anyway.

So 2.5 hours this morn and I'm toying with going back out.

Sounds like a nice ride Kaiser- managed to get out too- up to the wind farm on the eaglesham moor. It would be a good fitness ride not at all technical but lots of fireroad climbs and a great section of fast downhill forest track down to eaglesham- bit of a longer ride than I had planned 3.5 hours with only a 5 min stop under one of the wind turbines means I am fecked now- would have been out for 2-3 hours more BITD but getting old I suppose, if you fancy a run out Kaiser it is a nice wee jaunt.

See you the morra afternoon, better clean your wheels :roll:

was gonna suggest a local mid weeker if you liked, there isn't anything great but good to get a runout nonetheless.

Back