MacRetro chat and rides thread

kaiser":3sl4njfp said:
Dr S":3sl4njfp said:
clockworkgazz":3sl4njfp said:
If I ever get my hands on a fat- I will build it with anything at hand, just to get it out and muddy- shite or not, you can add as you go along Kaiser as and when parts money become available.

Just my opinion prob wrong as usual but spouted just the same ;)

Not far off G. You don't have to go bling with a FAT. Let the chassis do the talking. Go for light but reliable and functional. After all, you are going to be riding its tits off 24/7.

:? I'll need to see it in the flesh to decide, wasn't going to go too bling, mostly black and silver ano to let the frame show off but good quality kit nonetheless. So far I've got a pair of cooks cranks and I'll pinch the pauls levers from the stumpy. Also have a set of luv handles that were destined for the salsa but may fit these and get a set of pro moto's for the it instead. decisions decisions :D

Sounds promising. Going for XT mechs and Thumbies?

Hmmm was going singlespeed but have some XT stuff around, in fact pretty much a full 730 groupo. No hoops though :?

kaiser":1kyv09m2 said:
Hmmm was going singlespeed but have some XT stuff around, in fact pretty much a full 730 groupo. No hoops though :?

M730 is a tad too old for a 1990 frame anyway squire. I'd build it in time for Dalby if I were you. give you an edge over Gash and Velo ;)

Do you want the Purple Straddle rods? I might have use for them and could swap them for a big box and some first class postage ;)

Dr S":vc0jvsb9 said:
kaiser":vc0jvsb9 said:

M730 is a tad too old for a 1990 frame anyway squire. I'd build it in time for Dalby if I were you. give you an edge over Gash and Velo ;) quote]

Kaiser is not made of XT standard materials so like a chain you're only as strong as your weakest link, and after running a marathon the week before Kaiser- "you are the weakest link.......goodbye!"

Attachments

• cast.jpg
    cast.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 155
Dr S":4ecqshpy said:
kaiser":4ecqshpy said:

M730 is a tad too old for a 1990 frame anyway squire. I'd build it in time for Dalby if I were you. give you an edge over Gash and Velo ;)

Do you want the Purple Straddle rods? I might have use for them and could swap them for a big box and some first class postage ;)

nah its cool I'll wait, really need to tend to this one later. I've had the salsa a good while now and need to build it, it was next on the list and I'll do it first. Also have a wee collection of 3dv going on and these are the nads.

clockworkgazz":2zbefddg said:
Dr S":2zbefddg said:
kaiser":2zbefddg said:

Kaiser is not made of XT standard materials so like a chain you're only as strong as your weakest link, and after running a marathon the week before Kaiser- "you are the weakest link.......goodbye!"

eeeeee that feels like a fingerless mitt being cast in my direction :LOL:

only kidding...... you are a man of steel :cool: .

Why don't you jump in the sea on wednesday and swim to arran and back, the week will be like a spread out triathalon.

An edge over Velo, everybodies already got an edge over velo, everybody is fitter/got a better bike/better off road skills/better car and crashes significantly less :shock:

The Pope on a Penny Farthing with square wheels has got an edge on Velo,

I know coz I'm Velo :LOL:

Dr S":jskcryl3 said:
I'd build it in time for Dalby if I were you. give you an edge over Gash and Velo ;)

I've got gash's wheels too :LOL:

Back