Brodie Rodie 1996

I can't wait to see this.
You'll enjoy the feel of Campag stuff. A real metal-to-metal feel to it, like a Ferrari gearbox instead of something light but lifeless out of a Datsun Cherry.

It'll also change down even under absolutely insane pedalling loads without hesitation or complaint.

good news, gil will make the decals for the frame! i'm very happy about that.
cranks are ready to go too. just the chainringbolts are missing.
syncros-revos-5.jpg

bb not yet ordered.
fork is stuck at customs. :roll:
wheels, pedals not in stock...
i'm getting impatient!!! :LOL:

never was a big fan of Syncros Rev. cranks - but yours look really good in red with those TA chainrings :)

This bike is gonna be awesome! What a lovely frame, very jealous.

Wasn't sure about the cranks in the first picture, but with the decals applied and those chainrings they look great. :cool:

now that took a while. lots of headache. bent derailleur hanger, first time assembling road bike components, first time assembling campa compenents, first time doing bartape, assembling the syncros wedge lock, fork steerer too thick for headset ... :roll:
paid of to work on it until 1am. feels super fast (first time on a roadie though :D ). needs some more tweeking with the gears an cranksset. hope to get that fixed until the weekend.
enough blabla:
brodie-rodie-6.jpg

brodie-rodie-7.jpg

brodie-rodie-8.jpg

brodie-rodie-9.jpg

brodie-rodie-10.jpg

brodie-rodie-11.jpg

brodie-rodie-12.jpg

pics from after the first ride this morning infront of palais liechtenstein.

some findings:
1.) the syncros wedge lock works if you glue it into the steerer tube before tightening. had to file it down as it was to big for the steerer tube.
2.) used a 107mm axle with the cranks. doesn't result in the recommended 43,5mm chainline but i'm quite close.
3.) DON'T POWDERCOAT THE SYNCROS REVO POWER TRANSFER PLATE! the powdercoating will most likely NOT be totally even. so the mounted spider incl. chainrings will possibly start wobbling.

Very cool build!

Didn't know syncros did a revolution with a road spider.

Back