ID Help needed - Carbon Mongoose

Just got this reply from the man himself which is self explanitory

Hello,

from the pictures you sent, I confirm that frame is not an Alan frame.

Best regards
Alberto Falconi / Alan bikes

Onwards.........

It might be a re-badged Vitus carbon or alu frame.

The seat lug looks similar to the one on a Vitus frame, although Vitus used a grub screw (except for the early frames) instead of the normal clamp in the photo.

fiks":5l7zzyha said:
It might be a re-badged Vitus carbon or alu frame.

vitus didnt have replaceable derailleur hangers..... and were fully lugged.

& why do people keep saying it may be aluminum, he keeps saying that its not because you can see through the chips that is carbon fiber, which i can see through some of the nicks displayed in the photo.

No offence, but one thing that makes me doubt about being it carbon, is the rivetted brake bridge, which would be a very, very strange construction. Further, how are the chainstays connected to the lug (rear dropout)? If it is about carbon tube to steel or alu dropouts, there are practically no other options then bonding, which would be very visable.
For me (I have to admit I am certainly no expert in bikes, but have been long enough in the carbon business) the total is a bit strange. But heh, I learn here very day!

Senri":3alwtxlu said:
Further, how are the chainstays connected to the lug (rear dropout)? If it is about carbon tube to steel or alu dropouts, there are practically no other options then bonding
nahh dude, how could i take offence! haha you have valid points and explain them

good point, I did not notice that :oops:
Im just confused because it appears that the front triangle appears to be monocoque (sorry, im a bad speller) because of the headtube shape

that and im a total retard, because the black on those nicks appear to be paint, and you can see the metal surrounding them

thanks for being polite in correcting my stupidity, i respect that :!:

ether way definitely not a vitus *that i know of*, because the rd666 looks a little bit close, but theres alot of details that dont match up

I will take some more closeup pics in the morning and put them up so we can get a better idea.

I came across a reference to riveting carbon frames on a US builders site (albeit mentioned in a derogatory way) I will try and find the site again.

What looks like metal on those rear stays is the undercoat/primer.

Till tomorrow....

As promised - close ups. the scratch and chips are down to the surface the pic of the rear stay shows undercoat on white and primer in grey with the surface in black. I have tried lightly scratching the surface but can't get it to come up shiny :)
you can see the stays/ dropout link is achived with a bonded lug.

Attachments

• goose6.JPG
    goose6.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 398
  • goose5.JPG
    goose5.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 398
  • goose9.JPG
    goose9.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 398
  • goose10.JPG
    goose10.JPG