Any retro bikers in Oslo, Norway?

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi, my work have sent me to Oslo for 12 weeks so if there are some retro bikers who'd like to meet up for a ride then please drop me a message.

My bike has no suspension or V-brakes so I'll mostly be doing the wider paths rather than the gnarly single track! I spent 6 months here a couple of years ago so I know the trails ok. I also have a set of slick tyres for commuting into work so road rides are ok too.

I can't wait for the first trip up to Kikut for a waffle and brown cheese!
Mmmm.

Oslo Yo

I'm in Oslo...riding a fully rigid singlespeed with V's...so far so good.

Not been here that long , so your additional knowledge would be helpful!

Don't believe a thing about the limitations Splatter claim for him and his Kona. He is a demon on the quiet!

Pics please.

I'm in Oslo as well. Be up for a meet, but not on sunday. National day here in Norway.
Love to meet up for a ride in Nordmarka some day.

Nordmakka

Am actually back in the U.K. this weekend for a mtb event I already was particpating in before I arrived here...but look forwards to riding sometime soonish...the trails are great.

Ha, ha you flatter me! The bike I was on at the Henley ride is now upgraded with some nice period XT kit and some new tyres. I'm planning to ride it from Winchester to Eastbourne along the South Downs Way next weekend on a stag do, that is unless it is raining in which case I'll take something with decent brakes!

The bike I have here in Oslo (also a 1990 Kona Fire Mounatin) is pants, I put all the rubbish, rusty components on because I thought it might have to live outside and I didn't want it to get knicked. It is still fun to ride though.

I'm planning on heading over to Østmarka on Saturday with some of the guys from work. Sunday I'll give riding a miss and take in the National day.

Oslo Yo!

Am back from blighty now...would be good too get a ride out somewhere soon? p.s. I didn't bring the weather with me from u.k. (it's raining just now)

Sounds good, I rode up to Kikutstua last night on the old Fire Mountain, I had a blast. I'm back in the UK this weekend but around after that for a few weeks.

I'm back in Oslo now if anyone wants to go for a ride? I have a modern steed with useful things like suspension and disc brakes which is a little more suited to Norwegian single track! Attached are a few pics taken last week on the old bike. SPDs and a U-brake? Terrible combination!

The pictures are from my camera phone and were taken at dusk, hence the poor quality. :roll:

Attachments

• Kona_Kikutstua.JPG
    Kona_Kikutstua.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 2,207
  • Kona_Snow.JPG
    Kona_Snow.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 2,207
Back